X

'06 Wiring Diagram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '06 Wiring Diagram

Looking for a Wiring Diagram on a '06 Kat 750. specifically with the pass bottun on the switch. MY headlights aren't working and I know the bulbs and fuses are good. I've checking voltage everywhere and just can't pinpoint the problem. everything elese works but the headlight and hi-beam indicator. the set of wires involved are a yellow, white, and yellow/white. I have seen diagrams around here before but can't find them know.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

go to the Katana Wiki search "service manual"
    I am pretty sure the post 600 manual is the same
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

here mine from my 01 service manual. should be the same as 06

sigpic
      If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems

And no, they're not the same as an '01. Close, but at the very least, I know the headlight connectors are different.

Comment

they are very close except the newer diagram has a pass switch on the left handle bar that ties into the hi-beam switch.

I guess it is shorting out somewhere and I just can't see to pin point it. everything electrical is working except the headlights. I rewired the left handle bar switch harness and followed it to the plug. somewhere between plugs, i'm losing the voltage. i got fed up with it today and took a break only to return and they began working fine again. although once i put everything back together and took it for a ride, the lights went out again. i parked it back at the house and left. when i cam back to put the bike away for the night. the lights worked again until i started the motor. so i drove it back to the shed and turned the wheel back and forth, the lights came on again.

whats happening now is that when the hi-beams are on, the indicator is working, and when I switch to lo-beam the hi-beam indicator dims very low, but does not go off like it is suppose to. I'm guess i may just need a new left handlebar switch.
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

You can clean/dissassembly the light switch. That may be enough to resolve the issue. The switch works with 2 on options... but if grim/junk is in there then neither setting may be on and the headlight will go out.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X