X

Throttle Position Sensor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Position Sensor

Is the Throttle Position Sensor required ?
    I have a better looking set of BST36SS but the sensor port is missing. Can i just equip the new carb set and replace the old one ignoring the sensor ?

I didn't think carbureted bikes had throttle position sensors?
    I thought that was a fuel injection part!
    What bike do you have?
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
    Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
    R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
    1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
    RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
    3BBB turn signal mirrors,
    Black painted seat and rear trim,
    Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

If you have a TPS on the old one, just remove the 2 screws and swap it over. It's very simple.

If you don't have a TPS on the old one, it shouldn't be needed at all.

TPS modules are on the Post Kat Carbs.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

What does it feed back to? Are the Post bikes computerized?

Comment

Originally posted by bob393 View Post
          What does it feed back to? Are the Post bikes computerized?
          Not fully computerized, but... quoting from the wiki...

TPS Sensor The TPS should alter spark timing from the CDI slightly in certain RPM ranges, depending on the throttle position. Basically, it passes a signal back to the CDI about where the throttle is (i.e. - let's say you're at 5k RPM -- are you holding steady with mid-throttle, or accelerating hard with WOT). In theory, if it's set correctly (i.e. - resistance values), it should improve performance under load.
          Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            If you have a TPS on the old one, just remove the 2 screws and swap it over. It's very simple.

If you don't have a TPS on the old one, it shouldn't be needed at all.

TPS modules are on the Post Kat Carbs.

Krey

Not that simple when i have no port to connect the TPS. Not even holes to fit the screws.

Is it worthing to get rid of TPS (i noticed works without tps connected) or should i replace 1,2 and 3 carbs and keep the no.4 carb to keep the sensor ?

Comment

Hugh, I've never seen one on a carburetor engine. Cool

Comment

Look ! now you did
                Attached Files

Comment

You have a post kat and want to put pre kat carbs on it then?...

The motor should still run yes, but performance may be effected...

Why not use post carbs... there have been several listed on this board for good prices that you could easily sell the non post carbs for to replace the $ with.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

I believed you, I've just never seen one.

Comment

I have a pre kat and i want to put a post kat (i assume). GSX750F 1995 my kat.

Europe ... hard with the shipping, vamal taxes and so on ...

I'm still unable to find a good online shop for suzuki parts here btw. I can't find parts using the suzuki codes on Ronayers.

In a different post i explained i have a problem with a carb (first from the left) and now i was thinking to replace the carb set since i have one more (incomplete but i can get parts from running one).

Maybe i can just replace the one carb with problems.

Comment

Originally posted by random_kat_rider View Post
                        I have a pre kat and i want to put a post kat (i assume). GSX750F 1995 my kat.

Europe ... hard with the shipping, vamal taxes and so on ...

I'm still unable to find a good online shop for suzuki parts here btw. I can't find parts using the suzuki codes on Ronayers.

In a different post i explained i have a problem with a carb (first from the left) and now i was thinking to replace the carb set since i have one more (incomplete but i can get parts from running one).

Maybe i can just replace the one carb with problems.
                        You can use post carbs on the pre no problem. Ignore the TPS plug. It only factors in if the electronics are expecting that signal... a Pre Kat does not and is not variable. Put them on and go.

You will need to consider swapping out the throttle cables to that of a post though. Different hookups.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                        X