X

What ya'll think of this setup??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ya'll think of this setup??

1st off i know its spend, But nelson rigg seems to be really good. And i am looking at luggage for some long trips im gonna take this summer. IDK what you all have but just give me some imput on this setup, tank bag saddle bags and tail bag
    Thanks guys.

NetworkSolutions.com - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.

it should work but let me know if the link stops working

its a set up that will get the job done when its time to hit the road I just have saddlebags by joe rocket that I got from Dennis Kirk on closeout but for now it will do
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

luggage huh?
      maybe something i should look into

Comment

good set up all in all saddlebags appear a bit smallish ... but covers all the basics
        so many roads so little time

Comment

I have the mini saddlebags and the expandable tail bag which all clip together. I have lots of room for for stuff on long trips when I add the tankbag. Your set up looks really nice and Nelson Riggs is good quality, so you should be happy.
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I have a similar set-up. Got the N-R saddlebags (bigger than the one's you have selected) from newenough.com and the tailbag (a good sized SS- bag). Looks great on the kat and hold a ton of stuff.
            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

NR Sphere *classic NR Tail Bag *tote bag

I have used these two items with both my Katanas for three years and they are perfect. The saddlebags have sides that unzip and expand, offering enough room to store a helmet. The Tail Bag is exactly the right size to set on top of the two saddlebags. There are rings at all four corners of the TB and I attach the TB to the SB with four small bungee chords (those tiny ones sold at WLMRT in a plastic jar) that I have cut to size. The set-up is perfect, rainproof, and even with the TB attached, it is still easy to access the saddlebags without removal. I highly recommend these units.

I have the matching tank bag and never use it because:
              1. gets in the way when refueling
              2. makes steering awkward
              3. seems like it could scratch the paint
              Last edited by zuma; 06-04-2008, 12:24 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Gimmie your credit card number, I'll finish the order up for ya...

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson View Post
                  Gimmie your credit card number, I'll finish the order up for ya...
                  haha yeah i dont know how far you would get. It would probly laugh at you and say you need more money lol, im waiting for a paycheck or two to get them

Comment

Looks similar to the Joe Rocket luggage I have on my bike.Do lots of traveling after a few times of taking off and on you get pretty good at knowing how you like to like it loaded. Traveling on a bike opens up a whole new world enjoy.

Comment

i have changed my mind a little i do like that saddle bags that zuma shows there in the pick and just a smaller tank bag and pretty close to the same tail bag but not (delux) so like $50 dollars cheaper lol

Comment

Be sure you want to mess with the tank bag; I've used mine about three times and felt like I was riding a suitcase. And it's a nice one, but for me, a real PITA.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Check out the DOWCO Rally Pack....Saddle Bags, Tail Pack, and Tank Bag for around $140

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                            Check out the DOWCO Rally Pack....Saddle Bags, Tail Pack, and Tank Bag for around $140

no i did i saw those i dont know how good of quality they are but yeah you get everything for 140 cant beet that deal

Comment

Kinda high, got mine from Dennis Kirk, for $36. I should have bought two or three.

Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
                              '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
                              '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
                              '11 Kawasaki KLR650
                              I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Working...
                              X