No announcement yet.
X

Sport Riders and Cruisers I don't get it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ride to and from work and usually wear boots,helmet, and a backpack. I am waiting on my jacket to ship and will be buying gloves asap. I don't understand those that don't wear a helmet.

Comment

allblackkat Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:53 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They probably have a false sense of security on a cruiser.. That and a heavy dose of machismo that prevents them to look like a wimp in front of the others in their crowd who refuse to wear gear...

+1, i went riding with a couple buddies who ride cruisers, both were not wearing jackets nor gloves. one even showed up wearing shorts. i still don't get it. oh well...

[/quote]
      One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

thanks I'll take a look around hopefully Ill find something

Comment

I see guys all the time on sport bikes and crusiers, not gear. I wathed a guy on a R 1 riding a wheelie down the hiway Shorts, tank and sandles. what a nut I ride with gloves jacket and boots all the time
          luv my 95 katana

Comment

Yeah, they'll talk about how hot and uncomfortable it is to wear the gear, but they've no idea how uncomfortable it is to lay on the couch sleepless for two weeks because your skin is burning like fire from the rash, then the next month dealing with the cracking and bleeding from the massive scabs. -Not to mention that not wearing a helmet can get them killed by an injury that they may survive if they wear it.

I speak from personal experience about the rash. Luckily, I was wearing a helmet.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
            X