X

Sport Riders and Cruisers I don't get it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katanasoldier

As for the no gear and stuff I don't know what the heck they are thinking. I just don't think they comprehend what their skin will look like should they take the smallest fall, not to mention their bones and head!

All I can think of is that they just don’t know any better because they have never experienced road rash before, and if they ever did, the chances are that they would never ride again afterwards.

I posted this link several months ago http://www.speedfreakinc.com/content...rashqueen.html I go back ever now and again just to remind myself. I think if any of these cruiser squids were to read this, they would have a change of heart.
    It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Out here in AZ, there is no helmet law. I see Tons of hd people up in the hills w/ leather vests and boots. What's w/ the boots? I even see the same lady riding a hd sportster w/ a cowboy hat and pink tassles on here bars I just don't understand HD people.

I agree.. I think it's more of an image thing not to be geared up on an HD. I mean common, it would mess up there perfectly wind blown hair doo in the HD bars..

If I go canyon riding. I wear all my gear. Helmet, gloves, jacket, pants and my best nikes Around town, no gloves. Too damn hot here for full gear sitting in traffic when it's 115 degrees out.

Comment

I live an hour away from the gap and no one where's gear unles they are on their way to one of the technical rides round here. I must admit alot of times I just wear jeans (with kneepads on under of course) but not the riding pants because it's quicker for just a small 2 or 3 hour back road cruise.
        i have been spotted ridin the dragon on occasion with just jeans and pads on
        most big cruiser bikes riden by retirees round here wear full gear all the time.
        alot of cruiser riders just dont wear the appropriate riding gear because for 1 it's too hot, 2 uncomfortable, or 3 just not cool enuff for their style.

http://www.easttnriders.com

Comment

Dragon

I watched an episode of Super Bikes on the Speed Channel a few months back. They had the Dragon on there. WOW, what I would give to drag my knees on that road a few times. Yer lucky to have a nice road like that near by..

My luck, my plastics would be hanging on the tree of shame..

Comment

Originally posted by tnvatdreamland
            Originally posted by katanasoldier

As for the no gear and stuff I don't know what the heck they are thinking. I just don't think they comprehend what their skin will look like should they take the smallest fall, not to mention their bones and head!

All I can think of is that they just don’t know any better because they have never experienced road rash before, and if they ever did, the chances are that they would never ride again afterwards.

I posted this link several months ago http://www.speedfreakinc.com/content...rashqueen.html I go back ever now and again just to remind myself. I think if any of these cruiser squids were to read this, they would have a change of heart.

Ouch, I remember that!
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

was that the vid where the dude pops a wheelie and she flies off?

Comment

eh the sportbike crowd has them too, but it's usually the noobs that think they are invincible. Saw a guy on a honda F3 yesterday in the classic shorts, tshirt, sunglasses, and flip flops....... in HEAVY traffic. Survival of the fittest, hopefully he hasn't already multiplied.
                '01 TL1000R

Comment

At least for the HD crowd, a lot of it is the cultural aspect. My friend just bought a FatBoy and his gear consists of an inverted cereal bowl helmet and a pair of aviator goggles. That's it. His dad was a motocop riding a HD for many years so he grew up with that culture. On the other hand, at least here in central NJ, most sport bike riders seem to have at least the basics, full face helmet, jacket, gloves and at least work shoes. A good number of them have full suits. Of course there are always the guys in T-shirts and sneakers and that probably has more to do with the invincibility mentality since they all seem to be mostly in their twenties. Fortunately, that is an attitude that will most likely change in time... if they live that long.

Comment

A.T.G.A.T.T.!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I live in a little redneck village in southern Indiana and I would say AT LEAST 75% of the riders wear no protective gear (sportsbikes and cruisers). I bought my bike new last year and got a helmet at the same time. I finally got a jacket and gloves and just wear my work boots. I never really thought much about gear till I found this site and I dont post much here but Im reading everyday and cant think you all enough for the great advice I find here.

Comment

guess those cruiser guys never heard dress for the slide not the ride.

Comment

The same thing for around here too, Most cruisers (except for my husband) do not wear gear at all except for the helmet seeing that it is required by law. I would say maybe 50% sport bikers wear the appropriate gear and the other 50% think that they are safe with T-shirt, jeans or shorts and a $400 lid

This is what I do and it sounds funny but,,,its called the sander test. After I put my gear on I imagine "the sander" going over me so anywhere I think I might pull back and say owwwww I protect or protect more. However Im lacking on the armored pants---someday

Comment

Originally posted by katanagirl
                            This is what I do and it sounds funny but,,,its called the sander test. After I put my gear on I imagine "the sander" going over me so anywhere I think I might pull back and say owwwww I protect or protect more. However Im lacking on the armored pants---someday
                            motorcycleclosouts.com has a couple pairs of good riding pants for under 150

Comment

Originally posted by katanagirl
                              However Im lacking on the armored pants---someday
                              Go see www.newenough.com too.
                              It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

See , ALOT of people don't even THINK of the crash , or think jeans will actually do something ( I did ) . I didn't actually think about "gear" until after my first crash when I realized bleeding all over everything for 2 weeks SUCKED and I didn't wanna do that again . That kind of thinking is actually quite common , and it often takes someone else to help them "see the light" , as it were .
                                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                                X