No announcement yet.
X

Armoured mesh jackets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want one. I have a textile one but would like one the air can blow through.
    99 Ford F150 4x4
    04 Mustang GT
    2010 Camaro SS
    06 GSX600F
    sigpic

Comment

I'm also using the Shift Backdraft for the hot days and I have a Suzuki leather jacket for the cooler days or night.
      Currently in the driveway:

02 Ducati 748 Monoposto: Yellow & White
      99 Suzuki Katana 600: Red (Sold to brother but holding at the house)

Comment

Just got a Speed and Strength and I love it. It's like having a jacket made out of air conditioning. It also has a"rain liner" ( I don't know how well it works) that rolls up and fits nicely under the seat. It's good to pull out when it's late and just a little too chilly to have a mesh jacket.
        That's right, BACON!!

Comment

i want one for the hot days

Comment

I'm using the Icon Contra jacket. Armor in the elbows and a back pad and lots of ventilation. Fits great and looks good.

Comment

anyone have any opinions about this jacket?

What a great value! Take advantage of this sale while our inventory remains. We bought all US inventory and it is now in our TX warehouse. 'Our Two Cents'...

good price and looking for something better than a sweatshirt :-/

Comment

I have an Icon Tarmac jacket. Mesh with leather at the elbows/forearms. It works great, I lowsided wearing it a couple years ago and it only has a couple scratches in the leather part on the right elbow. The back protector in it isn't worth a crap, but I wear a seperate one usually anyway.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Ok so I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but I had an olympia mesh jacket that I'd bought used. It was in good shape. There's virtually nothing that you can do to keep cool when stopped but it was actually pretty good even then. I'd crashed pretty good at about 25 mph and went over the handle bars into a culvert with some rocks. I cracked my helmet pretty good and the jacket held up well. I continued wearing the jacket and crashed in it a second time. It was about a 45-50 mph low side. I rolled when I initially hit and slid for maybe 150 ft on my back. The mesh and armor are all intact but I've since retired the jacket. Needless to say it kept my bones and skin pretty well intact (it rode up on my left side a bit and I had a 4" by 4" patch of road rash on my back). Some stitching came appart on some of the seems.
                  I picked up a textile Icon hooligan jacket expecting near the same breath-ability but the wind doesnt' cut through it as well when sitting still but I'm fairly comfortable when riding. I'd look into another mesh maybe for next summer when the finances belt loosens up and gives me a bit of breathing room again. Both have CE approved armor and zip in liners. The liner from my olympia didn't look too bad as a jacket either.

Originally posted by chrislen32 View Post
                  anyone have any opinions about this jacket?

What a great value! Take advantage of this sale while our inventory remains. We bought all US inventory and it is now in our TX warehouse. 'Our Two Cents'...

good price and looking for something better than a sweatshirt :-/
                  scorpion is an ok company and I'd bet that it's a decent enough jacket. Just remember than you get what you pay for and it might not have some of the other things that a more expensive jacket has ie fitment straps, zippered vents etc. I'm sure that in terms of protection and breathability it's fine though. It's not a bad price for a jacket that comes with a removable liner.
                  happy hunting!
                  Last edited by Danskat; 07-06-2010, 10:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

While a mesh jacket will keep you somewhat "cooler", the truth is it permits you to perspire quicker than you realize - which can lead to becomming dehydrated on longer rides. As others have stated, textile or leather will actually be fairly comfortable when in motion, as they control the amount you perspire better than a mesh jacket. Now, if you really want to stay cool, get yourself an evaporative vest - I use a Techniche in 90+ without the sleeves, and stay chilled for 2+ hours with it under my textile jacket. Granted, you will get a bit wet, but it will keep you extremely comfortable while clicking off major miles in the sun.
                    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I use an Icon T-Max, a few years old... No crashes in it, but the ONE time I rode without it I went down. Great jacket, flows a ton of air. I think the titanium "fibers" in the armored areas is just a gimmick tho. Never rode with a full leather jacket, but I sweat a LOT, even when its not hot. So I think I am doomed to stick with mesh jackets...

Comment

I am running a Joe Rocket Honda mesh I got off newenough for like ~60 shipped to the door. It's nice in Florida heat. To me it feels like riding in a t-shirt with CE armor. I love mine, but like others have said, One crash is all it's gonna be good for. If your sliding on the pavement it's not gonna last long, but those few feet it takes to burn through the mesh are a few feet the pavement does not burn into your skin!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Joe Rocket for me, and I have been using it for quite a few seasons, and very little wear. I am impressed with the quality. Good solid armor, the forarms are solid (textile) incase you hit the pavement, but still nice and cool. Came with a rain liner as well.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I have a mesh armoured jacket, unsure of the brand and I cant check right now, im in the office. I payed 130 for and it has already saved me from a little road rash. I have to get a new one now but it certainly saved me from a world of pain.
                            "Riding a motorcycle on today's highways, you have to ride in a very defensive manner. You have to be a good rider and you have to have both hands and both feet on the controls at all times."- Evel Knievel

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                              i use a Fieldsheer mesh jacket. has armor in sleeves and shoulders as well as back pad. i'm pleased with it.
                              Me too.
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                              Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                              R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                              1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                              RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                              3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                              Black painted seat and rear trim,
                              Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Sorry to bring up an "old" thread. . . Hopefully 2 days isnt too old. I had to put my plug here for Rev'It Ignition jacket. I haven't owned any other jacket, so i cant compare really, but this jacket has mesh where you want it (chest/back/inner arm) and leather where you want it (shoulders/outside of arms). There is armor in the shoulders/elbows and some foam in the back. So you get protection of leather unless you belly flop, and the breathability of mesh. Yes it's pricey, but you get what you pay for. It comes with a waterproof liner and a quilted liner to keep you warm and dry if needed. My friend has this same jacket and it has served him well on a couple spills and it is still going strong since the only thing that hit the road was the leather.

Here it is: http://www.revzilla.com/product/revi...leather-jacket
                                Last edited by zeekage; 07-09-2010, 01:09 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Working...
                                X