X

Helmet Sizes Meen Nothing They Very From One Model To The Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Sizes Meen Nothing They Very From One Model To The Next

I went to the local dealer here in O town where I bought my Zeus zs 2100 helmet that fits great! Grabbed the Zeus 508W in one size larger XXXL the biggest they make tried to put it on and a chance not even close to fitting!!! This really urks me that it's not bad enough that different company's helmet size charts don't match up! That even two helmets from the same company are not even close to the same size like give me a break!!! It bugs me so much that although I have no complaints about my current Zeus helmet. It will be the last one I own!!!
    Always remember to keep the rubber side down!

Um , I coulda told you THAT . Sorry . That's why it's good to try them on if you can before buying . Newenough at least has links to the different manufacturers sizing charts , which helps a bit . And YES , when you look at them all side by side , they ARE all different . Plus , all helmet makers shapes are different , too . Like the cheapy Z1R helmets are really "roundy" , which is only apparently how 10% of the populations heads are shaped , according to one review I read .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
      That's why it's good to try them on if you can before buying .
      Change "good" to "extremely important" and erase "if you can"....

Comment

+1, I would NEVER buy a helmet unless it is a size/brand/model that I had actually put on my head before.
        -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
        -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
          Change "good" to "extremely important" and erase "if you can"....

I did ok with the Nolan I bought online a few years ago . Went over the sizing chart several times to be sure , and it fit GREAT . Guess I have a "Nolan-shaped head' .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X