X

My new ride...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new ride...

Just bought this beautiful '98 Katana 600. I'm new to the forum and joining from Mexico City. Hope this will be my daily commuting bike and also to travel a little, honestly it runs more than I am willing to and is really comfy. It's hard to get spare parts here, so I think it's going to take some time for my bike to be good as new, but I believe it's worth the effort. Greetings from Mexico City.
    Attached Files

Are the scrapes just on the left side? Really doesn't look too bad. Looks like everything is there and just needs some TLC. I was lucky, when I picked mine up it had been down on the right side. Mine is blue and the places it scraped hides itself. The Katana badge is scraped through the chrome and is white underneath so you only see it close up and the horizontal plastic between the two cowling holes that everyone does the mesh mod on. My bike is blue so you don't really notice the black showing on that little piece of plastic. In a way it is kind of nice to pick these bike up like that. I would rather pick up a bike with the same parts showing what happened compared to a bike with all new parts that make you wonder how hard it hit. You also don't get that AARRGH feeling when you add your own first scratch. For a quick fix I would tape off the scraped area and try to find a rattle can as close as possible and call it good for a while. The bike looks pretty good. Mine is a '98 600 also and I love it more every time I ride her.
    Congrats.

Comment

Welcome!
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to katriders.com. these guys are super helpful and I'm sure you will like it

Comment

Welcome! nice ride...

Comment

Working...
          X