X

89 1100 Headlight/Fairing Bracket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 1100 Headlight/Fairing Bracket

Hey Guys im a newbie and just need some help. Did a couple searches but no luck.

There is a center support bracket that connects the headlight and fairing assembly to the front center of the frame and keeps it supported. The center support bracket broke and has caused my headlight to drop down especially after removing all fairings. This looks weldable but I'd like to do it the right way. What is this piece called and would it be easy to get?

Don't know if it would be diff with the year and 1100 size. What is is piece called and what are my best options on a replacement? Sorry im newb but I can post pics if that will help someone help me, thanks

I suppose it'd be called the headlamp support bracket, they do turn up on Ebay from time to time but I wouldn't hesitate to weld mine to repair it - no-one will ever see it and it's an ugly piece of bracketry anyway grind the weld smooth and give it a coat of paint and you're away

Welcome to KR,

Colin.
    Carpe Jugulum...
    1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Like Engelskmannen said just weld it up , you could use something like
      jb weld if you wanted to go cheap. That bracket is the same for 1988 to 1993 1100 kats.

Comment

Originally posted by Engelskmannen View Post
        I suppose it'd be called the headlamp support bracket, they do turn up on Ebay from time to time but I wouldn't hesitate to weld mine to repair it - no-one will ever see it and it's an ugly piece of bracketry anyway grind the weld smooth and give it a coat of paint and you're away

Welcome to KR,

Colin.
        Thank you, nice bike btw! I did try the jb weld and a made support bracket and clamping but i wana keep it classy since they didn't hold up. ill ebay away and hopefully be shooting some more newbie questions about other things.

Comment

Hey, I literally saw one on ebay yesterday. I was browsing through everything that came up for "katana 1100" and there's something like 15000 results...so it's somewhere in there.
          I think it's called a fairing stay?
          This thing yeah?
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
          X