X

Popcorn kernels?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
    remove the back tank bolts an prop the tank up..take the 4 screws out an pull the air filter assembly out an pop in the new. Odds are your bike wouldnt run or would run like shit being that restricted. All those pieces will be caught inside an i highly doubt you'll lose any inside since the inside has a metal screen.

oh and you gotta remove the four bolts holding the battery box and tank bracket an slide that out of the way.

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/...psba38e2e8.jpg

Thank you very much for the info. I thought I had to disconnect and pull the whole tank off.

Should I drain the tank to do that or will it be okay just propping it up with it full to the brim?
    - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Hahahah omg....some mouse or chipmunk must be gathering stuff for the winter

Comment

it has an overflow so theoretically itll just drain down if it does leak. You only need to raise the tank a few inches so youll probably be alright. Mostly the battery box/tank bracket is what gets in the way. Plus off that bracket there is 2 screws attached to the side of the airbox to keep it ridged so that'll give you a lil extra wiggle to get the filter out too. Just be careful not to shove the airbox up or down to much as it can pull off the carbs if the clamps aren't tight and sealing well...then youll either be asking why your bike is running like crap or youll be pulling the tank off entirely to reset them and tighten em back up. Thats about the worst case scenario in my opinion an it aint bad just a lil pain in the ass if it happens

and i usually just wedge the tank up with something or in some cases once its unbolted you can pull it back from the front clip and just sit it sideways for more room. Only time i recall actually having to take it off entirely is to get to spark plugs etc or something more in depth.
        Last edited by crazycraven420; 11-25-2014, 12:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Working...
        X