To Decal or Not...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Decal or Not...

Hi Guys,

The Kat is currently at the paint shop getting an all new paint job (cobalt blue with silver metalic flake). My question is since I'm spending quite a bit of coin on the paint, I'm debating on whether or not to put any decals/graphics on the bike.

Should I keep it clean or place a few choice decals on it? What are your opinions? Any suggestions? I was thinking of only placing a Suzuki "S" embel on both sides of the tank. Btw...its a 2001 750.

Thanks

Mcornelius

I would decal it. with the decals the paint will appeaar factory, without them it will look like a repaint.

Comment

In my opinion - I'd put a couple on...

Comment

Okay, if I do, what decals/grpahics do people use and where to get them? Fleabay?

Comment

ebay may have them, also denniskirk.com and other places like that. Don't remember if theres room or not on a Kat but I like the decals on the bottom, full manufacturers name. And also the logo on the tank.

Comment

yeah I wouldn't go crazy, a suzuki on the tank and either a Katana across the fairings (if you can find a nice one) or even just a simple Katana Kanji would look cool

and then a big fat autobots logo on the side! nah just joking, go with monster energy drink :P
            1999 Katana 750

Comment

Also a K & N sticker would help your hp

Comment

imo keep the decals off of it. I prefer the clean look.....if there was some then it would only be two, one on both sides.....IMO that is.
                Godspeed
                CSBA #1167
                Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

its your bike. do with it what you think would look the best. My bike is all black and has the S decal on the tank. and the suzuki decal on the lower fairing. i like it but for some people its not their cup o tea
                  Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                  Current Bikes:
                  1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

My bike has no decals, and I like it. Very clean single color metallic. I like the clean minimalist look though. All of the decals and graphics, and whatever just makes the bike look too busy to me.

I also like my hot rods clean and shaved too, so my tastes have just transferred over to bikes.

Plus it's fun getting people to guess what it is. I've heard everything from BMW to CBR and back again.

Comment

IMHO: skip the decals and go for the raised emblems. If you drop the bike, they'll also help protect the paint job, and I think they look better than an 100% bare bike...

I carry the raised "Katana" emblems for the 98+ models on the shelf here (see http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58596 for more details).

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post

I also like my hot rods clean and shaved too.
                        Funny I like mine clean and shaved also

Comment

I just had mine repainted and the only decals I put back on mine were the suzuki emblems on the lower fairing.... Just like the look of it I guess..
                          Talk about droppin your bike.... How about droppin it off the trailer bringing it home from the dealer with 1 mile on it.. Yep that's me...

Comment

You can see mine in the sig pic with just a couple on it...I love the "S" on the tank.

Its the same now minus the shovel....got mine at

xtremedecals.com

took about a week to get em but I was very happy with them. Didnt use nearly all the stickers either.
                            Last edited by Ridin Dirty; 07-13-2009, 02:53 PM.
                            '95 GSX750....bone stock, for now....

Comment

Originally posted by 600Kat4EB View Post
                              imo keep the decals off of it. I prefer the clean look.....if there was some then it would only be two, one on both sides.....IMO that is.

When I repainted mine I put two ghost suzuki decals on the lower fairings. You cant even see them unless its in the sun. I like the clean stealthy look of no decals.

Comment

Working...
                              X