Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What kind of fuel mileage are you getting on your 1100's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of fuel mileage are you getting on your 1100's?

What kind of fuel mileage are you guys getting on your 1100"s? Just curious, (curiosity did not kill this Kat)LOL. Doesn't really matter but I plan on riding mine to work when I get it on the road.

I'm guessing around 35mpg.
    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1100FL
      I'm guessing around 35mpg.
      That's respectable, although I had heard they get around 45?? Is yours stock?

Comment

K&N air filter & a stage one carb kit.

If I take it easy, slow, steady take offs, shfting at 5000 rpm, no high speeds I get better mpg.

Plus I'm around 315lbs.

Comment

If I take it easy, slow, steady take offs, shfting at 5000 rpm, no high speeds I get better mpg.

Plus I'm around 315lbs.
          Well anything is better than the 13mpg my expedition gets! 50 miles round trip to work, it's not gonna take long in gas savings to buy some goodies for the Kat!, mine has a V&H 4-1 and a jet kit also, but I don't know which one, was already in when I git it. How can you tell? Do you know the jet size for each stage?
          I should do ok on gas cause most of my travel is on the interstate. Nice and steady speeds(most of the time).

Comment

47 MPG here.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
              47 MPG here.
              Please note forum.
              93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveb
                47 MPG here.
                Please note forum.
                ? Please note forum?? huh?

Comment

Originally posted by danp2630
                  47 MPG here.
                  Please note forum.
                  He said you're not running 47mpg with an 1100. I'd say it's possible, if you drive highway, accelerate at less than 1/4 throttle and don't go over 45-50mph...with a tailwind.
                  Two goldfish were in their tank.
                  One turns to the other and says,
                  "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

Plus I'm around 315lbs.
                    Well anything is better than the 13mpg my expedition gets! 50 miles round trip to work, it's not gonna take long in gas savings to buy some goodies for the Kat!, mine has a V&H 4-1 and a jet kit also, but I don't know which one, was already in when I git it. How can you tell? Do you know the jet size for each stage?
                    I should do ok on gas cause most of my travel is on the interstate. Nice and steady speeds(most of the time).
                    13mpg in your Expedtition?!
                    Got ya beat there, I get around 10.5 mpg in my F150
                    If I baby it I can squeeze out 12mpg but with a Magnaflow muffler it sounds to good just to baby it

I would say that unless you take the carbs apart there would be no way to tell which carb kit you have, but I'm probably wrong with that guess.
                    I'm going to guess you have a stage 3 kit.

Comment

I'm running Yoshimura front pipe mated to a Muzzy cannister with a K&N air filter and a one stage Dyna Jet carb kit. I'm in the 32 - 35 mpg range. It mostly depends on how big the bug in my but is on any given day.

Big bug - 90+ on the highway, aggressive yet safe on surface streets

Not so big bug - 80 ish on the highway, semi-aggressive on surface streets always safe

Small bug - drivin' my Grand Cherokee on those days

( SEE SIGNATURE FOR SAFETY DISCLOSURE)
                      Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 11-17-2007, 05:15 PM.
                      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by Mark3748
                        47 MPG here.
                        Please note forum.
                        He said you're not running 47mpg with an 1100. I'd say it's possible, if you drive highway, accelerate at less than 1/4 throttle and don't go over 45-50mph...with a tailwind.
                        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Mileage?

My 92 Chev Suburban will fetch about 16mpg if i push it down a hill! HA!
                          Bike with a leaky tank: 35mpg!
                          Bike after repair: 33mpg!
                          Must've been way too happy with the repair, and may have overcompensated a few times while overtaking highway traffic (:
                          Hello All,
                          Just got mine in june with 40k, how about trading odometer readings for a bit - im told the larger inline 4's get huge K's before rebuilds.

Radrik
                          88 1100 Kantana

Comment

Just got mine in june with 40k, how about trading odometer readings for a bit - im told the larger inline 4's get huge K's before rebuilds
                            Mine is at 18000. It's also an 88 model. Looked at your profile

Let us see it, Bro[/quote]
                            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

that's gotta be the lowest odometer out ther for an 88
                              is the price sticker still on it? hehe...must look mint though!
                              mine unfortunately was the victim of the worst orange-peel paint job ive ever seen (ill post pice later). out today and i just realized i've already put 1000 on it...i see alot of goldwings and fj1200's in the high 90ks low 100,000 kilometers...just wondering who the record holder is (:[/quote]

Comment

Working...
                              X