X

Petcock Rebuild Kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock Rebuild Kit

Difficulty on a scale of 1 to 10? Also where is a good place to get one for a 97 600?
    Flush twice... It's a long way to the kitchen.

As long as you keep track of how you took all the pices out it is a simple job.
    I have seen many kits on ebay.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
      As long as you keep track of how you took all the pices out it is a simple job.
      I have seen many kits on ebay.
      ...I did it once an messed it up...not too difficult but keep a digital camera handy and take photos of the stuff while you take it apart...that way you can see how to put it back together..
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

good idea with the camera Jax! I hate messing stuff up... I made drawings when i did my carbs... like leonardo davinci.

Comment

It was probably the simplest thing that I've done to the katana. Make sure to get the fuel out of your tank first of course....
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

cool got it ordered... 22$ sound right? I love ebay.

Comment

$22 sounds like a fair price to me.
              The only problem I have with mine after I finished is that it works backwards, Res is in the prime poisition and prime is in the res position..

Comment

oh well... I can live with that i suppose...

Comment

You should be alright. I think like $20 was what I paid for the last one that SpecialK had.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yeah , it's not TOO hard if you watch how it comes apart . But if it comes down to it , it's also easy enought to see how the parts work and put it bak together accordingly . I've done it that way a couple times .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by steves
                      You should be alright. I think like $20 was what I paid for the last one that SpecialK had.
                      Your lucky, mine is 3.5 times that for a new one because they don't make a rebuild kit
                      An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

My petcock is shot too. I just ordered one of the $22 ebay kits.

Comment

So I planned this as a two part event. This evening, I drained and removed the tank. Next, I'll tackle the petcock and I hope I'll have the rebuild kit tomorrow or at the end of the week at the latest.

Ok my question. I assume I'll have to remove the petcock from the tank to do this...or will I. I'm just thinking of the seal (o-ring I think) between the petcock and the tank leaking afterwards.

Comment

Well , it'll make it easier , but I don't THINK you'd have to .... But you might as well . I'm sure it'll cause less cursing that way . But if the tank weren't drained already , that'd just cause a big mess .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yeah no doubt it'll be easier to work with and I'm all for as less of a pain in the @ss as possible. I'm sure half way through this I'll be wondering why I even tried this.

Comment

Working...
                              X