X

CUSTOMIZE SEAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUSTOMIZE SEAT

Looking for any suggestions to what color to reupholster seat to. 1998 Kat Vibrant RED. I was thinking DK.GREY to match bottom fairing or Silver/Chrome color to match wheels and Katana emblem. THANKS GUYS.
    :::''''lll;'';

I'd go with black and use the silver or grey for the piping on the seat or for the lower part of the seat. The colored material will just fade or show wear faster if you do the whole seat in grey or silver.

just my two pennies.
    2005 Aprilia RST1000
    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
    1998 Chevy Tahoe
    www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

I don't know if you have the material as of yet but there is this site I always recommend...I've done my seat in marine vinyl...see my ride...it's durable and weather resistant...they have a great selection and have always delivered...the nice thing is you can order swatches of the fabric to get a feel and color of the material...also since it is an upolstry store you can order any supplies you need..

Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

kool

I would think that a red custome seat would look stupid. Right? Since the entire bike is red. I was thinking black but just a different texture like ostrich or gator..ect...
        :::''''lll;'';

Comment

Re: kool

Originally posted by DUBL A
          I would think that a red custome seat would look stupid. Right? Since the entire bike is red. I was thinking black but just a different texture like ostrich or gator..ect...
          No it doesn't look stupid...mine was originally red from the factory...red bike, red seat, red grab bar...gold wheels..go figure...I changed the seat color to off set it..but remember you are customizing this to your liking...don't be bothered if someone doesn't like it...the important thing is that you like what your bike looks like...Do the mods for yourself...I think what ever you like will look nice...order some swatches from where ever you are getting the fabric...that way you can compare or get an idea of what it will look like...or do like I did and buy a few complete seats on ebay then you can change them as you see fit or as your mood changes....
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

+1 on doing it to suit YOUR taste.

I like the look of the red bikes with the black seat with red piping. Offsets it just enough to look good.
            2005 Aprilia RST1000
            2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
            1998 Chevy Tahoe
            www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

When I had my '00 in Red, I had a custom Corbin with a red nose and red piping:

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Actually , I used a permanent marker on mine because someone dyed part of it green . 2 minutes with the marker and it's presentable again . Don't look to bad , neither .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X