X

Project Katana completed with pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Katana completed with pics

Last edited by mxracer1115; 03-28-2010, 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

like it just not a fan of the gold wheels
    1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Yeh me neither lol I am going to paint them but i dont feel like taking it apart again because i just want to ride, any sugestions on wheel colors?

Comment

Silver

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Nice, kinda John Player Special-ish.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

John Player? lol

Comment

wow what a nice sub frame and tail... is it passenger safe?
              Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
              Tony
              94 Katana 600

Comment

yes it is very strong

Comment

ok i showed the g/f and she loves the way that looks and wants me to do the same. how did u do it?
                  Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

I bought 3/4 sqaure steel tube from home depot. I choped the stock subframe support out and welded the new support higer up on the frame to give the tail a more open look. Theres more info in my thread in my streetfighter build thread in the streetfigher forum. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=106368

Comment

Thanks looks really good. did u find that under tail here or KR ... it looks familiar
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

Undertail off a 2003 gixxer 1k all i had to do is dremel some of it to make it fit then some sheetmetal screws to hold it in place. Btw i also have some room under the seat for storage gloves, papers, guns , etc lol. and room for the fuse panel and such.

Comment

Great look.

Never been a fan of the pre-made front ends, though.

I had originally thought about using a Casey Jones hockey mask with bullet headlights in the eye holes... I don't think it will look quite right on the Kat, though.

I also thought about using some brass knuckles for clutch and brake levers, removing the finger holes so that they're just open in the middle... not sure how I'll like that, though.
                          Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

Ill trade you your gold rims for my silvers

Comment

Working...
                            X