Clutch Safety Switch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
    you are welcome.

and no, you will not have to bleed anything to add fluid.
    Thanks again Mojoe. Got around today to taking the sensor off and cleaning it. Put it all back together and the bike fired up first try!

Comment

Originally posted by vcrmax View Post
      Thanks again Mojoe. Got around today to taking the sensor off and cleaning it. Put it all back together and the bike fired up first try!
      no prob bud.....glad it was as simple as that. like I always say.....check the simplest things first. they are usually the problem.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I'm sorry to bump an old thread but I am having the same issue, except the solution didn't work for me.

Here is the thread for my situation, could use some more help: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117243

currently, waiting on part to replace starter cover, gasket and oil, but I have the same thing with the ignition not clicking. Adjusted the clutch lever to get full pull, nada. Cleaned prongs for the safety switch, nada. Checked kickstand switch, cleaned it/seems ok, nada.

Thanks if anyone can help please reply in there!

Comment

1. Remove the gas tank.
          2. Follow the wires from the clutch safety switch down to where they connect to the main wiring harness at a pair of bullet connectors.
          3. Disconnect them and connect the two wires from the main harness to each other.
          4. Remove clutch safety switch from the clutch perch and fling in nearest trash can.
          5. Re-install gas tank
          6. Be a big boy and make a habit of holding the clutch lever every time you start the bike.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by gyro View Post
            I'm sorry to bump an old thread but I am having the same issue, except the solution didn't work for me.
            You get brownie points for using the search..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              You get brownie points for using the search..
              i wish those brwnie point could fix my bike haha such a gorgeous day here and cant ride

Comment

@gyro: Where in NJ are you?

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

toms river

Comment

Right up the road from me. This weekend is pretty packed up but if you're still stuck next weekend drop me a PM or give me a call (five oh one-two four zero-five three eight three) and I'd be glad to run out there to see if a second look would help.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

you can also solder the wires together and put switch back up and you cant even tell.

Comment

That would violate step 4 of my instructions. If you leave the stupid thing then you don't have a good place to mount the bracket for your cruise control buttons. (Save the screws in your toolbox for that.) Oh, and if you sell the bike then the next owner will waste all sorts of time trying to figure out where those wires are supposed to go. Better to just fling the thing in the nearest trash can.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                          Right up the road from me. This weekend is pretty packed up but if you're still stuck next weekend drop me a PM or give me a call (five oh one-two four zero-five three eight three) and I'd be glad to run out there to see if a second look would help.
                          awesome man thank you! i got the starter cover ad gasket in, filled it with oil.. battery was near dead so have to buy a charger

but even with the little juice that was there, there was no click or noise

Dont know what else to look for cuz I think I did pretty much everything people were suggesting, aside from bypassing it

I save your number, will be seeing if any friends know how to fix and if not i'll give you a call. thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                          X