No announcement yet.
X

stupid side stand!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like you don't have a profile lbjgh, i don't know if you have a kat for sure, anyways the side stand of 98+ kats are not very trustworthy because they are not flat enough at the very bottom, always use your centerstand if you do own a Kat.
    Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Ya Tito750, I've got a silver 2005 750 Kat.

... It was gusty as hell so I wouldn't be surprised if the bike fell of the centre stand too.

Earlier in the day I had actually pulled over because it was so damn windy. I had adjusted my chain before the ride and thought I left something loose.

The thing that kills me is that I've read other threads on this forum where people's Kats fell over after using the sidestand.
      2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
      2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
      1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
      1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Was your bike lowered? Or was the steering turned to the right which made it easy for the wind to push over.

Comment

Exactly as this picture below but I moved the bike 6ft back, hence hitting the grass when it fell.

Originally posted by PR4MR
          Was your bike lowered? Or was the steering turned to the right which made it easy for the wind to push over.
          Attached Files
          2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
          2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
          1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
          1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
          1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Yeah I figured out to put it in first gear when my son ran his battery powered four wheeler into the rear tire and it landed on the plastic garbage cans in the garage,man was I lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
              Yup a hard lesson to learn, Always always park the bike in gear.[/b]

and if your name is Taz, dont get off the bike till its stopped and completely on the side stand

Comment

Working...
              X