X

stupid side stand!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid side stand!

I let my bike in neutral and a gust of wind blew the bike off the side stand.

I usually leave the bike in gear when I park it too... I was lucky as the bike hit grass (for the most part) with only a couple of pebble-like marks left on the engine (dyno) cover on the left side.

Below is a picture of my buddy trying to save my ride... yellow box show that he's a little too late. DOH
    Attached Files
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
    1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
    1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
    1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Is that a reenactment??

Comment

That really sucks, but at least the damage wasnt worse.

Comment

05 GSX-600
        89 zx750r
        04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

My bike fell down recently too.... but I was on it at the time
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Nop, actual time. I was taking a picture of him just as I heard my bike go over.

Originally posted by Black_peter
            Is that a reenactment??
            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Welcome to the club of "i dropped my bike" .. We have jackets, patches and stickers

Comment

same thing happened to me

Man the 1st night i got to bring mine home, i parked it on my patio, well its storms and blows the bike over, flooded the carbs, fouled out the plugs and would NOT fire at all ....i was so pissed, but i got it all fixed the next day and its runnin like a champ now...Good to hear you didnt have to go through all that....
                *Derrick*

Comment

Thats rough but thank god for grass, could have been worse.
                  Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Yup a hard lesson to learn, Always always park the bike in gear.[/b]
                    Kyle

Comment

shite happens. nice pic though. your friend looks genuinely concerned.

Long Live the D

Comment

You're never too old to say DUH!

First full day of ownership, backed out of the garage, started the Kat up, put down the sidestand and got off to get the helmet on while bike was warming up. Seconds later I heard the sound of my bike no longer being new!

Sigh, let the customizing begin (since the left side decal is $112, yikes!). I'll be filing the lever ends and replacing the graphics, but no other real damage. I count myself as lucky
                        Living truly is truly living

Comment

Man! That blows! Sorry couldn't resist. Seriously though, I hope the damage is minimal, thank goodness for the grass.

Comment

the wind blow it over?

Comment

the only time the wind over blew mine over was in november of 1999. it was windy as hell and cold as a bitch. I was clocked at 190+ kph (only for a short burst as I blew by a line of cars) and the cops had me pulled over. while he was running me through the system and writing the ticket, he let me sit in the back of the cruiser to keep warm. it was the cop in the passenger seat who jumped out and ran for my bike that made me notice it fell over. actually, all I could see was the rear tire cuz it fell over the bank on the side of the hwy. the other cop got out and ran over also. I had to holler at the dummies to let me out of the back...duh! It took all 3 of us to get that heavy bitch back up over the bank.

bad news: it broke my mirror, flasher, brake lever (thank god not the clutch...would have had to be trailered home) and scuffed up the fairing.

good news: the cops ripped up the ticket cuz they felt bad for me.

although, I told them if I could have the choice, I would have preffered the ticket over the cost of repairs. insurance doesn't cover that.

I kid you not...that is a true story....as crazy as it sounds.
                              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X