No announcement yet.
X

How to tell a 600 engine from a 750?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PakkeRat. All Pre98 Frames look just alike from the tank forward. You do not have a 600 frame. He would have had to cut the rear subframe and weld in the 750 rear. The 600 and 750 taillights are not interchangeable, unless you put the 750 subframe in. Take some more pics of the bike. Besides the rear fairings are alot different too. Trust me on this. GO look at Meanstrk's 600 pics then look at yours.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

No that's not the bolt. It's up on the head. There are 4 of them, 2 right side and two left. Right below where the valve cover meets the head. Look at the area I have circled in red from your profile pic.
      Attached Files

Comment

Its a Kat motor, I am 99% sure. The Gixxer motor would have the clutch cable going into the clutch cover. Kat motor goes into the sprocket cover. In the pic he posted with the bolt that he thought was the one Mr. Clean wanted, it shows the rubber boot going into the sprocket cover for the clutch cable.
        '07 SV1000S
        Power Commander III USB
        M4/Yosh Ti Full Race Exhaust
        Driven 520 chain kit
        Spiegler SS Brake & Clutch lines

Comment

I've posted pics of my bike in the gallery... it seems like the

dash (fuel guage in centre),
          fuse box (under the seat),
          shock (adjustment under seat),
          fairings ( thought that upswept look for the 600s were a mod :P)

are all 750 parts,
          but the frame has a 600 VIN
          measuring the wheel base, it measures 143-4 cm plus...and not the 147 of the 750, right?
          and its got seat attachments for the 600's 2 seat configuration (we took the back seat one off cause otherwise it would take 3 hands to get that single banana seat off!!!)

And the rubber boot indeed goes into the sprocket cover :P

So! 600 frame, maybe 750 everything else? Anyone know what else would be different between the 2?

Still hoping someone can tell if I have the right radiators cooling my engine, but I'll post that question up on the mechanics 101 forum as well.

Jane (<----pssst! she's a girl!)

ps. anyone know how insuring mixed bikes work? I've insured it as a 600, but will it become null and void with a 750 engine in it?
          PakkeRat - [pak*rat] small little mouse capable of collecting everything and never throwing anything away

Comment

well fellas pakke rat is correct she does have a 600 frame with a 750 subframe according to the vin number i asked her to send me the first few numbers and sure enough its a 600 frame 750 frames were js1gr78 and her frame being js1gn72 would make it a 600 frame

Comment

possibility of it originally being a 750 wrecked frame mangled than a 600 frame was obtained off ebay and all 750 parts replaced on the 600 frame??

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
                As for the plugs they are the JR9C plugs. No other plugs will work i.e the irridum ones. They are longer and do nto fit right in the motor.
                I beg to differ . The DR9EIX is the iridium equivilent to the JR9C . Same reach , thread pitch , all that crap . Only difference is a single electrode instead of the dual .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X