X

Bikers are like a big family.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bikers are like a big family.

I drove the bike into work today 70 km round trip. On my way home my phone was ringing and vibrating over and over. Now normally I would not even think about pulling over to check but I had a family member in the hospital today for an operation (everthing went good) so I thought the constant calls had something to do with that. I pull over on a major highway (401) and pull out my phone. A bike coming down pulled over right away and asked if I had problems. I said no and thanks and he was on his way. Not a minute later a car pulls over and a guy and girl get out. "We ride too. You okay? Bike problems?" I said no problems but thanks for stopping. Now I do the same when I see a bike off to the side but two stops in minutes. I even invited a guy on a bike into the air conditioned car last summer. We were in a traffic jam for about two hours. Nobody was moving and the temps were high 90's. He was in full leathers and cooking. United we stand I say.

Steve

Now thats what I'm talking about
    here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
    http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Pretty cool. One thing I have to say I like about living down here is that people always offer to lend a hand. Never once have I had a flat tire without someone pulling over asking if I need a hand.

It's good to help people out when they need a hand, whether they're a fellow biker or not. Helps them out and makes you feel good at the same time. Fair exchange I'd say...
      ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Good to hear that there is solidarity among bikers.
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Re: Bikers are like a big family.

Originally posted by Steve_Guelph
          I even invited a guy on a bike into the air conditioned car last summer. We were in a traffic jam for about two hours. Nobody was moving and the temps were high 90's. He was in full leathers and cooking.
          now that's what i'm talking about! sounds like your good will is paying itself back to you.

Long Live the D

Comment

and this is what www.bikerfriend.org is all about as well..
            Woody
            http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
            http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

yeah its great to be part of the family or fratnerity of riding.

I was pulled over fixing my mohawk a couple weeks ago, and this big ole Harley soft tail pulled up beside me asking if I was ok. I said yeah, just a helmet check quick and waved saying thank you. Everytime I see a rider pulled off, I stop and make sure they are ok whether Im in the car or on the bike.

Comment

It's funny bikers do that for one another. The bond. Makes ya wonder...when cars first came out was there a car brotherhood¿

Comment

except for those bastard snobs on harleys. 2 years ago I was on the side of the road with an electrical problem that cause me to lose my headlight. I group of harleys went by...about a dozen of them...no one stopped. a few more went by....they didn't stop either.
                  And last year I stopped when I saw a harly beside the road.....and he did have problems, but basically told me "NO" when I asked if he needed a hand.
                  So now I let the jerk-offs rot beside the road. As far as I am concerned, a harley broke down beside the road is like a dead skunk....just roadkill.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Looneybonics
                    It's funny bikers do that for one another. The bond. Makes ya wonder...when cars first came out was there a car brotherhood¿
                    back then it was probably like the friction between harleys and ricers today.....except it was some guy with a horse and buggy giving some dude in a model T the finger.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Yeah , my chain broke in the middle of BFE a couple years ago . Saw MANY Harleys go by , and they all waved , but none stopped . Was an old dude on a V-star who finally did .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hog or not...noone likes straddling a broken down machine, I'd pull over.

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
                        '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
                        '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
                        '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
                        '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

United We Stand
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            Yeah , my chain broke in the middle of BFE a couple years ago . Saw MANY Harleys go by , and they all waved , but none stopped . Was an old dude on a V-star who finally did .
                            Maybe they were scared of your hair? oh wait, they were harley riders, never mind

Comment

No , see , MOST Harley riders are professional weekend warrior-types , meaning short hair . So yeah , I could see that .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X