No announcement yet.
X

Question about a chain/sprocket setup.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a chain/sprocket setup.

Ive topped my 06 600 at 147mph indicated with the tach at the redline. It pulled all the way to it with no problems just ran outta gear. It seems if i go with a different setup i may can get more top speed. I cruise to work at about 6500 at 80mph or so. Id like to get that down to around 5800-6000 maybe. ALso, im not expecting a 170 mph katana but i do think with how it pulls up to 150 i could see 162 or so (indicated) realistically.

Brandon

Why do you want to go 162 mph, and kill your daily driver acceleration?

Are you planning on doing this on public roads...237 ft/sec?

Read that again. Two hundred, thirty seven feet per second.
    93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

if you want to do what you ask...get another bike.

Your present bike will have crappy acceleration.

Hayabusa maybe?

Comment

Maybe thats my biggest issue....The first bike i had was a gs500 01 model. Now my katana. The acceleration seems really good to me. I know this is because i havent expierenced an FI SS bike yet. Dosent seem like you would lose that much on the bottom end and still have a nice top end pull. Am i wrong on this? BTW my speeds were done on an open hwy and i have taken the MSF course back in 01 so im not brand new at this. I dont "act an ass" all the time, but hey the bike feels solid at speed and its a nice rush to run the speedo up every now and again.

Comment

If you change your gear ratios, your indicated speed will change -- because your model Kat (and all 98+ Kats) read the speed off the front sprocket and calculate it based on an expected gear ratio & tire size.

The real question in my mind is how much is your speedo already off?

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

For what you are wanting go 2 down in the back. That will get you close to the cruzing rpm you want. It will also slow your acceleration down a little.
            Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
            6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
            5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

You'd have to change your sprockets more than a couple teeth to get your RPM's to drop THAT far . Even a 3t change on the rear will only drop it a couple hundred .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X