X

What was your motivation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh...it's a problem I have. 8)

Although the Kat is the only vehicle I own that I didn't really put power into, I just cleaned it up and made it look/run better, replacing bad/old parts.

To be honest, I'm a speed guy...and the Kat just won't do it for me, I LOVE it for what it is, but it's not that fast. Anything short of spray or a snail on it, just wouldn't be enough. So I made it nice, cleaned it up, and I sport a Kan-o-tuna that most SS riders like.(Believe it or not!)

I jump in the car or on my CBR for speed...but for a cruise to the beach, the Kat wins hands down!

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
    '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
    '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
    '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
    '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

For me, pretty much all of the same as everyone else! On top of that, everything I own with an internal combustion engine I've modified! My T-Maxx Nitro RC monster truck, for example; upgraded from a .15 to a .21 engine kit along with over $800 in other mods. I've modified my Nissan Altima as well; suspension, wheels, exhaust, and engine. As far as my Kabusa, I couldn't afford a brand new liter bike so I figured I'd build my own. The other reason was it boosted my confidence in my bike building/fixing abilities. Since then I've done two other engine swaps similar to mine on different bikes with outstanding results! My first jet-kit install I've ever done was on my Katana as well, done about 10 since. I took a big chance in tearing it apart, I hadn't had it that long and already had installed alot of aftermarket items but the big leap in faith was the Bandit 1200 motor swap! I feel better about myself and what I can do now. Excellent therapy!
      Do, Try, or Die! Katana 7/12 with: Bandit 1200S engine, modified airbox, TBR can, Factory Ign. advancer, Sprocket Spec. 47t racing sprocket set, Stage II Jet Kit, Braada seat cowl, Clear Alt. lenses and chrome bulbs

Comment

my motivation was simple. I ran across a V&H racing engine on ebay, bid on it, and won.
        That started the ball rolling
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I just love buying stuff and I couldn't resist jazzing up the bike.
          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
            I just love buying stuff and I couldn't resist jazzing up the bike.
            Shut up, Bimmer-slut. Your current bike is still stock!
            (just teasing)

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

what else am I to do with 6 months of winter?

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Shut up, Bimmer-slut. Your current bike is still stock!
                (just teasing)

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Bimmer-slut...Oh Snap!

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
                '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
                '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
                '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
                '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

Working...
                X