X

07 Suzuki line up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 Suzuki line up

No pics, but this is from a Bay Area dealer, so should be solid info. I am curious as to what they will be offering for a Bandit though.......

We got sent our dealer-show order form today, before this weekend's Suzuki dealer show in Las Vegas. Nothing on it but model codes - no pictures, specs, prices or anything, but there were a few interesting things. The internets will probably have all the details by Sunday or Monday, but for now...

We already knew that the GSXR600 and GSXR750 will be unchanged. There will indeed be a new GSXR1000, to be released in February. Again, we have no details, but at least we're getting real news instead of rumors. (BTW, expect anything new to hit the showrooms next Feb / Mar, but repeats will come out right now).

Perhaps the biggest news - the SV stays a 650 (so no SV700) but it does get ABS as an option. No idea on the price, but the DL650 with ABS is $500 more than standard. The SV1000S is still around, even though nobody seems to want that very nice motorcycle any more. Why not?

The Bandit 1200 is back, but now it's 1250 cc's, water-cooled and fuel-injected. Plus you can get it with ABS (looks like a trend for the future here) if you like.

No new Hayabusa for now - it's still in the lineup but it's evidently the same for one last year. Likewise with the Katana 600 and 750, and the GS500, presumably the last year we'll see those models - get your collectors items now!

If you like the M109 super-cruiser, you can now get it in a Limited Edition color, probably with a little L-E badge on the triple clamp. And that's about it, unless Suzuki's holding out on us.

More details after the show. And Kawasaki's also this weekend - new ZX6? More when we know it.
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Wow, not much has changed. I was convinced the SV1000S was going for a major change as well as the Hayabusa.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

The Bandit's Back! NOW I am excited! May have to replace the 98 Bandito with a new one, we will see...
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

All in all, it makes me feel like the USA is the red-headed step-child of Suzuki. Here they go off an make a Bandit 650 available for Europe for a couple years now, and it never shows up here. They claim the Katana is dead, but now it's suddenly "alive" again (supposedly -- the webpage declaring it dead on their site is gone, replaced with a redirect to the main page)...
        I'm really curious about the bandit 1250 being water-cooled (??)
        I also wonder if they're going to offer the "Touring" version of the VStrom 650 that they started offering in the UK (comes with hand-guards, large top-box, ABS, 3-way adjustable screen)...
        OFFICIAL DATES: Suzuki Dealer Meeting Sept 24-26, 2006 Las Vegas.
        (Kawasaki: Sep 22-24/Annaheim, CA; Honda was 6-8 Sept, Mandalay Bay/Las Vegas)

Unrelated:
        Triumph is announcing their new Triumph Tiger 1050 at their Vegas dealer show in November (3-cyl, 115HP) based losely on a cross between the Triple & the old Tiger.

Honda unveiled their new '07 CBR600RR (pretty much all-new), as well as officially telling the public that they're totally out of the two-stroke business effective 2007.
        A bunch of other stuff will also be trotted out in the next 7 days or so. Maybe it's time for me to go visit Sin and sneak into Suzuki expo (probably at Mandalay Bay too)...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Time to talk to Aaron and Mark at Southland and see what's up. It might be time to look hard for another '99 and start prepping for Barratt-Jackson in 20 years.
          sigpic

Comment

So I'm stealing one of the new bandits.... Anyone want to help?
            Live and Lean.
            When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
            "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
            Romans 3:23

Comment

oooh! I want to see the new bandit! I loved my 2001, one with ABS and fuel injection sounds great, wonder if they stiffened up the chassis or made the suspension any better?

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
                Do I get to ride it whenever I want ?
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hello World.

Comment

Re: 07 Suzuki line up

Originally posted by meanstrk
                    No pics, but this is from a Bay Area dealer, so should be solid info. I am curious as to what they will be offering for a Bandit though.......

The SV1000S is still around, even though nobody seems to want that very nice motorcycle any more. Why not?

I want one pretty badly. Hopefully lack of demand will aid me financially with acquiring one.

Comment

B12 is back? Bestill my empty wallet....
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

lots of lights on the 1000 gixxer!

Comment

Re: 07 Suzuki line up

Originally posted by SKNL2
                          Originally posted by meanstrk

The SV1000S is still around, even though nobody seems to want that very nice motorcycle any more. Why not?

I want one pretty badly. Hopefully lack of demand will aid me financially with acquiring one.
                          Me too, I've been watching a barely used 03' SV1000S collect dust at a local dealership for almost a year now. They know I want it and have hinted that they would pretty much accept any reasonable offer I make them since they can't seem to get it sold. It's just a matter of paying off my Kat at this point, because I don't want two bikes w/ loans and full coverage insurance to deal with..
                          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            Originally posted by TheKlic
                            Do I get to ride it whenever I want ?
                            Um... ok, we can switch houses whenever cops start looking
                            Live and Lean.
                            When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                            "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                            Romans 3:23

Comment

2007 Hayabusa

Take a look at this:

Comment

Working...
                              X