No announcement yet.
X

200hp motivation....sneak peak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look forward to seeing ya post up ya progress on it. Good luck.
    One project done, now on to the next few!!
    Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

well I hit a little snag so far. one of the journals on my crank is toast, so I am tearing down my spare 1127 to see if that crank is good. but with 120k+ miles on it, I am not sure it is any better.
      I am thinking of getting a falicon crank, but it's $1500.00
      OUCH!
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
        well I hit a little snag so far. one of the journals on my crank is toast, so I am tearing down my spare 1127 to see if that crank is good. but with 120k+ miles on it, I am not sure it is any better.
        OUCH!
        That sucks... Sorry my engine is costing you so much -- I may not be able to afford it when the time comes!

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Originally posted by Mojoe
          OUCH!
          That sucks... Sorry my engine is costing you so much -- I may not be able to afford it when the time comes!

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          I hauled my spare 1127 to the shop today so that they will have it for any spare parts that might be needed. I tore 90% of it down, but didn't split the crankcase to get at the crank. He is going to do it in the morning and call me on the condition of the crank. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
          The problem with the other one is that it spun a bearing.

Comment

cant wait to see the finished product...good luck dude.

Comment

what's the latest on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Giant_Kyle
                what's the latest on this?
                The crank out of my other bike was ....in the words of the mechanic...."Like new". He said even the bearings were like new.
                Right now the only thing left is that we are waiting on a hew head gasket.
                It should be in this week. then I go pick it up and give it some new paint and such.

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

was it originally a bandit or gsxr motor?

Comment

Judging by that second picture I'd say Gixxer.

Comment

Originally posted by smoubara
                        was it originally a bandit or gsxr motor?
                        neither. it is an original 1993 gsx1100f katana motor. it is the exact same engine as what is in my current 93 1100 that I run daily.....which is bassically the same as the 93 gsxr engine......which is an 1127cc oil/air cooled. ....with a few minor differences. the gsxr had a better crank.....the kat had better cams....little differences like that.

Comment

That's gonna be one cool Katana,And it'll surprise alot of people at the strip!Please keep us posted!!! 8)
                          97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

actually I made a mistake. the 93 kat engine is not the same as the 93 gixxer.

from 86-88 the gixxer had a 1052 oil/air engine. so in 88, the kat had an 1127, the gixxer an 1052.
                            In 89, the kat still had the 1127 (up until 93) and the gix had two models. One still used the 1052, and the other was fitted with the 1127. the gix kept the 1127 until 92. In 93 it went to a 1074 water cooled which it kept up until 98.

just some trivia for ya.

Comment

Mojoe's so trivial .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                                Mojoe's so trivial .
                                actually I had to look it up. I always have to look it up each time I need something for the engine....or think about needing something.
                                my memory isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X