X

Does this look like a good deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this look like a good deal?

Please tell me what you guys think? This is not far from me. Is changing the clutch seal difficult?
    Demon...Taste like chicken!

3k for an 05 with a yoshi pipe. Sold as is... something is seriously messed up that he isn't revealing.

Comment

Plus he has 0 feedback, be wary of anyone with 0 feedback selling high ticket items.

Comment

If you do the math it equals lies
        R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by AMorgan
          3k for an 05 with a yoshi pipe. Sold as is... something is seriously messed up that he isn't revealing.
          3k starting bid isn't the big deal....from the description you can gather that it has had a hard life....."all parts are not original" and "its been down" etc..... a squid's bike.... a stunter wannabe.... a trackbike would be it's best duty at this point...
          Just ride.....

Comment

That bike is probably trash. Look at the back tire, more less the massive chicken strips, probably snapped the chain during a massive burnout. You really have to be careful with the gixxers, guys like to beat the hell out of 'em. Would you sell your gixxer if it only needed a couple hundred bucks worth of work? I bet not. This bike is a pile. AMorgan is right, he's hiding something.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

you guys are being a little pessemistic, aren't you?
              I have seen PLENTY of great deals to be had just because someone bought a new house and vehicle....or got a divorce....or any one of a number of things that can cause them to be hard up for cash.
              $3k is very cheap......even if it was a beater stunter bike. As long as it was kept full of oil, the engine could be just fine. It only has 3500 miles on it.
              "all parts not original means you have a pile of aftermarket parts....which is a good thing, no?

Go look at it. Even if you have to put $2k into it, you still come out ahead of the game. I don't agree that it has to be a track bike. Personally, I could fix that up to be one sweet street bike. The gs550 I rebuilt makes that bike look brand spanking new, and just look how nice that one turned out for about $1200.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                Go look at it.
                That'd be my first bit of advice. Without looking at it in person, you have no clue what it's worth -- pics are nice, but don't do justice. The bad part is that with a broken clutch seal/front sprocket problems, you may not be able to determine if there are transmission problems, although the late '02 and later GSXR's have more robust trannies than earlier units (and more robust than the Kat's). Being an '05, you'll also want to examine the headstock welds and area really closely -- the weld has been known to fail during wrecks, and the all-white paint & ad details tell me it's been down hard at least once.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Guys, Thanks for the advice. Moj, Cyber, Thanks for the positive views. I will difinately look before I decide to buy it.
                  Demon...Taste like chicken!

Comment

Sorry about the negativity, been burned by e-bay a couple of times..mojoe and cp are right, go look and determine for yourself what its worth.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Negative or not, that things been rode hard and put away wet, LoL! I don't know! It could be a good project bike but I would talk him down with cash if it does not sell.
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
                        Negative or not, that things been rode hard and put away wet, LoL! I don't know! It could be a good project bike but I would talk him down with cash if it does not sell.
                        it's an 05 gix for $3k.......in relatively good shape. How much lower would you want to go.
                        No kidding, I have seen salvage bikes go for more than that....as in still wrecked....not even rebuilt. You could pretty much make your money back just parting it out.
                        If he lived near me, and I had the $3k to spare, I would take it myself.
                        Twoo weeks in the shop and a few hundred bucks later, I would make a profit. What is BB value on that? One in decent shape must still be worth $5500-6k?
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                        X