No announcement yet.
X

I want this exhaust, but waaaaaa!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want this exhaust, but waaaaaa!!!!!!

I have been trying to find one of these for a while for my 82 kat....but holy chit!

I am high bidder and placed a bid of $400, but look at the buy it now price.
    $400 doesn't meet the reserve price. I will give anyone a finders fee of $50 US if they can locate this exhaust system for under $500 new.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

buy it now of $1250. DAMN.
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

that's what I said....DAMN!

I am going to keep the high bid for up to $450.
      Maybe if no one bites he will offer it to me for my high bid.
      I already bought a new dyna ignition from him for the same bike.

Comment

That's pricey! Ouch!
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

looks like what is on my bike...suckah!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
            looks like what is on my bike...suckah!
            careful what you say there, davey boy.
            if I don't happen to get it, you might envy what I will fabricate to take it's place. I already see it in my mind.

you see, I have alot to work with. the stock exhaust for those bikes are basically the same as on the 88-93 kats, as in the design of the header....which is also the same setup as the 750. The 750 header won't fit it, but the one off my 92 1100 will. And the "like brand spanking new" mufflers on my 750 parts bike will fit nicely on those pipes.....and yes, same mufflers....it will breath fine.
            So I will be closer to original than you....as in mine can be refurbished to 100% original easily enough.
            I can cough up $1250 to have what you have, but good luck going back to stock with yours

Stock exhaust is like impossible to find on it's own. It can be found....but you have to hunt your ass off. That is the main reason the 750 parts bike was a "must have" for me....because the exhaust is mint. Just needs new paint. You would be hard pressed to find a bike like that in mint condition that did include the stock exhaust. They all have aftermarket. I am betting many a stock exhaust were chucked in a corner of a shed to rust to shit just cuz the owner went 4-1. Too bad cuz the bikes are never 100% original today because of that.
            Well....mine can be. MUHAHAHAHA!

no offense by what I am saying, dave. just want to get that "suckah" thing cleared up. the bottom line is my ability to have the original dual exhaust on my bike kinda puts me in the position to be saying "suckah" to most of the ol' skool kat owners out there

all this that you see in the parts fiche.....I have it in my shop, just waiting to be used.

Comment

and for the record.....I know you were "kidding" around.
              so am I

Comment

I would never put the stock exhaust on it....or the stock carbs for that matter....

FYI...my Yosh has been coated with that ceramic-chrome...even the nameplate!

I can only assume that the cams have been modded too (the original owner had it for 21 years...and he was a bobsledder....likes speed)

Comment

Hey Mojoe...might as well pass that one up. It's some guy down in southern california that has a bunch of vintage katana stuff and is asking more than it would cost to buy all of it brand new out of Japan. He has a 83 katana 1100 for sale on ebay that he's been listing for the last 6 months...it's hit up to $5600 on a few occassions and still didn't make reserve. I emailed him and asked what he was trying to get...he replied in very broken english he's had offers over $6500 (and didn't take them). Same goes for most of the parts he's listed...listed multiple times with high reserves, mostly no sales. I'm a bit suspicious too...I see alot of the same ebay user id's bidding on the same items in multiple relists of items...kind of suspect he might be bidding up his own items.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                    Hey Mojoe...might as well pass that one up. It's some guy down in southern california that has a bunch of vintage katana stuff and is asking more than it would cost to buy all of it brand new out of Japan. He has a 83 katana 1100 for sale on ebay that he's been listing for the last 6 months...it's hit up to $5600 on a few occassions and still didn't make reserve. I emailed him and asked what he was trying to get...he replied in very broken english he's had offers over $6500 (and didn't take them). Same goes for most of the parts he's listed...listed multiple times with high reserves, mostly no sales. I'm a bit suspicious too...I see alot of the same ebay user id's bidding on the same items in multiple relists of items...kind of suspect he might be bidding up his own items.
                    well I know for certain he is not a scam artist. I did buy a brand new dyna ignition for about $70 less than I saw new anywhere else......and I had it within a week. He has sold a few things. I have been watching. But I agree....he is nuts on most of his stuff.

How the hell can I buy out of Japan?
                    Any chance there is a Japanese site with english info?

Comment

wow thats a nice exhaust

Comment

My fuggin God,,,1200+ bucks????

Comment

Working...
                        X