X

almost perfect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost perfect

So I got my streetfighter on the road at the beginning of Sept. and have been fighting through all sorts of stupid issues getting it to run right. The problems I've run into so far:

-spark plug connector shot and leaking spart to head
    -fouled plugs more times then I can count
    attempted running 140 main jets as per mechanic recommendation, but thanks to Katriders I changed them back to 118's and now up to 124's as it was still a bit lean
    -when rebuilding carbs, I didn't know to set float height, so we did that.
    -petcock was leaking and bike was basically hydraulicing in the mornings and gas was getting forced into oil, and then smoking straight out the pipe.
    -one issue at a time I'm learning, and getting the beater running.

Today I got her running beautifully. My mechanic laughed after a quick test ride. Said we got her going too well. Damn clutch is slipping now at about 8-9k on hard acceleration. DOH. Oh well, from what I originally thought was going to be a rebuild has now changed into a few weeks of messing around and at least one more winter project (new clutch).

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody here for all the information and help. I'll be posting more pics as I get a few more mods done, but for now, she's running and riding. Hoping to get a few more weeks before it's just too damn cold.

Sean
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Nice job Sean!!

Keep after it and it will be like a brand new bike again.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

+ 1

KCCO!!!
      Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

Keep it up Sean!
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Working...
        X