X

Ebay Grips Suck!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Grips Suck!!!

Does anyone know where to find decent grips that actually fit. I guess I could try OEM, but thats probably gonna be expensive. What are you guys using??
    Image hosting by Photobucket

You can get all sorts of grips on eBay, or in your local moto accessories shop. What kind didn't you like, and what didn't you like about them? What would make grips "decent" for you?

Comment

Pro Grip Gel 719's. Love em!
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

+1 Ebay grips suck..

Actually I noticed the OEM grip (throttle side)
        is $15.. but is comes with the throttle
        tube...

Ron to those fit right on the throttle with no modification?

Comment

If I remember correctly, I removed the outside ridge, but that was it.
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
            Pro Grip Gel 719's. Love em!

Spider grips are good stuff too.. 2wheeltours had a special on them already and a decent little writeup too.

Comment

I'm a stock-grip user. Every time I've tried aftermarket grips, I've gone back. OEM grips are pretty cheap (98+ - $9 for the left, $17 for throttle with throttle sleeve) in the bigger scheme of things when you talking dollars vs. comfort.

I still have a set of SpiderGrips here I never got around to installing, too...

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Nothing seems to hold up like the stock grips either....I've been through about 11 sets of grips in three years, 'cause I have a tendency to ruin the throttle grip a lot....and then I can never seem to find a matching set!

Lately I've taken to buying gel grips, and since I too cut the ridge off my throttle tube, (most aftermarket grips don't like that ridge!)I hafta safety wire the grips on. Keeps things from slipping around, so I don't get a huge gap between my throttlemeister and the end of the grip. That just looks ugly!
                FrankenKat 1216
                GS Fiter 816
                GSXR750! (race)

Comment

+3 on the Pro Grip #719's. I believe they have an extra layer of gel goodness over the stock grips, and aren't that hard to put on.

If you get them, see these threads:

HOW TO: Replace Your Grips
                  Grip Woes!!
                  "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Wierd........ It over 43K miles, I have only installed two sets of grips besides the originals on my bike. Both have been 719 Gels.
                    Ron
                    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Your gloves play a part in the wear and tear of your grips too. Some gloves have metal studs or guards on the palm or fingers which can do a number on ur grips over time.

Comment

Working...
                      X