X

750 Katana fuel mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 Katana fuel mileage

buddy of mine I talk to online has been asking what kind of fuel range 98+ 750 Kats get, and I have never come across any spec sheets that list it. I tried searching for an answer here but got nothing but posts about, by or featuring that weirdo Canadian with the red english bike, the hot Vegas addicted chick he keeps pestering, and the shopping list of everyone he wants to meet and try to have Brokeback Mountain Buttseks with (sorry buddy I don't like teh sausage, especially not canadian sausage)

Although Canadian beaver is a whole other matter, but we won't get into that.
    Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
    fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
    fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
    girls = yammah
    yammah = a bunch of liars

Long Live the D

Comment

I've been getting 40 to 42MPG on my 750 Katana. That's pretty good mileage from what I understand.
      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I'm also wondering how long you can go on a single tank

girls = yammah

Comment

The mileage varies very highly based on the kind of driving you do. Obviously, if you are going stop light to stop light, flooring it the whole way, you are going to get different mileage than if you do if you're on the interstate at a flat 65 mph (and different yet again if you're on the interstate at 95 mph, etc). Additionally, altitude and relative humidity also factor into it heavily -- at 2000 feet elevation, the ambient pressure is lower, so the air going into the combustion chamber is at low pressures, thus the vacuum drawing fuel out is lower also. Ditto with warmer air (colder air is more dense, provides more bang, and thus also more vacuum to draw fuel in).

Typical fuel consumption runs between a low of around 30 mpg (jetted, performance upgrades, ridden hard, sea level) to 45 mpg (California-style very lean carb settings, 65 mph solid flat interstate riding, higher altitudes).

Since you have a 4.5 to 5.1 gallon fuel tank (depending on model of Kat), based on the above consumption levels (best & worst case), that gives you a possible range of 135 to 229 miles -- a really large variation. Most riders will see 170 to 185 miles before they physically have to switch to reserve at 75 mph on flat highways.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I usually fill up at 150-160 miles and have never had to switch to reserve yet.

Comment

Comment

MIB you have a lot of time on your hands to come up with that, but thanks

girls = yammah

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix_Rising
                  cause he is CANADIAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                    cause he is CANADIAN!
                    ahh that explains it, not much for guys to do up there is there eh?

girls = yammah

Comment

I can go about 140 miles per tank with the 1100 engine. That is with a stage 3 jet kit. When I refill, I average about 3.8 gallons put back in my tank.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                        cause he is CANADIAN!
                        ahh that explains it, not much for guys to do up there is there eh?
                        Yup its cool up here man.... about 32 fahrenheit all year long, the seals are great... gotta love the blubber they provide, and our igloos are in top notch shape.... once our whiskers are finished freezing our riding season begins
                        Shiny side up !!!

Comment

I tend to ride hard so if I can squeeze out 150 miles on a tank before I hit reserve, Im pretty happy. If I baby it I can do maybe 170 miles to a tank.. but really riding hard; twisties, long stretches of road at high speeds, etc..i might get 120-130.

Comment

i work in celcius! :P

but yea, those are just records I keep every time I fill up my bike. It enables me to monitor the gas meileage and it'll let me know if things start to go downhill

Comment

That's funny. MIBagentQ I have a file that looks exactly like that for mine too. I keep one for all my vehicles, just to keep an eye on performance changes, etc.

Maybe it is a Canadian thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X