Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone ever seen this Yosh exhaust before? Info?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever seen this Yosh exhaust before? Info?

I just purchased this for my bike. I can't find any info at all on its existance and have never seen one like this for a pre 98 Kat before. Still waiting on the seller to respond to my numerous questions. I hope it sounds and performs as well as my Vance&Hines full system that's on there now. I Love my Yosh on my '02 R6! The closest system I found was for a RF900 and one for a 1996 GSXR 750, both of which cost $1000 for the full setup

By the way this is my first post since the site went down, I had just registered and only posted for a few weeks before it happened I guess. Anyway its good to see it up and running again, great info on this site.
    Attached Files
    Hey, hold my beer and watch this!

Maybe the R & D is for research and development?
    sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

Yeah it is and typically these are the first runs or prototypes for things to come. In fact I actually have the one of the first Yoshimura R&D full Titanium systems for my Yamaha Raptor, and I only had access to it b/c I was the first person to call them and ask them if they had something to match the flow of my 48mm Harley HSR drag carb that I installed.

Comment

Um , MY old Yosh pipe has the "R&D" thing on it . No , that's just part of what they stamp on it . It LOOKS like an RS3 . And the DO make some Yosh pipe to fit Katanas . But you gotta make sure that's what you're buying . So um , no , uh , it WON'T fit on your bike *goes to bid on exhaust* ....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I must say Im not much for the leopard skin look on bikes, but that beast is pretty nice..and that CF yosh, assuming it fits, should look and sound hot!

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            Um , MY old Yosh pipe has the "R&D" thing on it . No , that's just part of what they stamp on it . It LOOKS like an RS3 . And the DO make some Yosh pipe to fit Katanas . But you gotta make sure that's what you're buying . So um , no , uh , it WON'T fit on your bike *goes to bid on exhaust* ....
            Yosh R&D and standard production Yosh products are two different things. The Yosh R&D are either the first production run of a product, they may not have as nice of welds or be as refined or whatever it may be, or secondly they can be variations of existing mass production products that Yosh is experimenting with. This pipe is a RS3, and I know they make pipes for the pre 98 kats but I have never seen a CF RS3 before. This pipe is the same size as todays production cans, not small like all the Vance & Hines and older Yosh kits. And it will fit on my bike, the guy before me had it on his 96 Kat 600 without any mods. Thanks for the info though.

Comment

please tell me that is paint on your bike, and not fake fur glued to it.

if it is fake fur, does it smell like wet cat when it rains?
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Mojoe wrote
                if it is fake fur, does it smell like wet cat when it rains?
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I have the Yosh SS/CF R&D on the Katana 1100, woke that puppy right up, the kerker was a POS, and was plain annoying..........

Now has a nice growl, and looks great

"You're only Limited, by Your own mind..."
                  "FrankenTana" 1989 GSX1100F w/ 93 GSXR water cooled motor installed and causing smiles from ear to ear.
                  click video link to see the bike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Z-AY0g9Aw

Comment

Well here are the pics of it mounted up. It freak'n rocks! I like it's sound, looks and performance all better than my full Vance & Hines system.
                    Attached Files

Comment

man that looks great...i have a Vance & Hines system on my 95' 750, but was kinda looking for something different....where can i find that pipe and what did it run you....
                      The only way to go some where you have never been before is to get lost!!!

Comment

wow thats a good paint job... it really looks like you have fur on your bike..... o wait... that is fur. Does that stuff hold up? it must have been expensive...
                        2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

That fur must add some amazing wind drag!

Comment

The fur kicks ass! I used to hate furred out bikes but since doing mine I love it. It gets so much attention. Cars literally stop to check it out. Orginally I bought this bike just to save it from the junkyard. I was gonna fix it and sell it b/c truthfully I always hated Kats. But now I ride it so much and it gets so much attention I can't really see getting rid of it. It's been a great bike and I've put a ton of miles on it in the short time I've had it.

As far as price it was fairly cheap. I got 4 yards of fur from ebay for $25 and 2 cans of 3M 90 spray adheisive for $10ea. It took me about 2 solid day to do it. I did each piece individually off the bike and tried the best to line up most of the stipes. All the fur is going the same direction, it's swept back so the wind won't make it stick up.

It doen't really get that dirty and I ride the hell out of it. You have to be careful what kinda chain lube you use or else it will "fling" all over the tail. The only part that gets dirty is the brace at the "V" of the lower fairings directly behind the front tire. It always come clean with a little water and some dish soap. I usually just wet a wash cloth and put some dish soap or carpet cleaner or shampoo on it then ring it out then wipe the bike down. I try my best to keep it out of the rain but when you're riding you're going to get wet and it has been soaked with no ill effects. AND NO IT DOESN'T SMELL! :flipping:

As for speed the fur has no effect at all. the bike still tops out alittle over 140mph with the mods I have done to it. Unless you're talking in the 180+mph range the fur isn't a drag issue. Besides if you had seen the way this bike looked when I picked it up you would have furred it too!

Comment

i like the fur... meow, its a KAT!!!! LOL. dont think i will go that way, cuz mine is flawlessly beautiful in its "stockyness".

anyway, how much should a person pay for a slip on yoshimira rs3? i dont want that carbon crap, cuz that belongs on racer stuff, and particularly, my bike is way to slow to be posing that im fast. (well, actually, im probably the slow one, not the bike!)
                              Without Fuel, Fire, and Compression- Air just seems useless!

Comment

Working...
                              X