X

I think I'm getting scammed....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm getting scammed....

I put my old bike up for sale recently on a couple differnet sites and forums (including here i think). So today I get an email from somebody who claims they are in sweden or switzerland or one of those, I don't have the email in front of me. They ask for a picture and the asking price, (the asking price was listed in the title of the ad). I respond with a picture and the price, and I just got another email from them that read:

Hello Phil Weckesser,
    Thanks for getting back to me concerning this 1984 Honda Sabre 700cc .Really
    i would be very glad to buy the bike from you,and The price,condition also
    is okay by me .And my associates confirm there is no problem about the
    price.
    Right now I'm going to ask the biz associate to issue the check of $6,500 in
    your name and you'll send the excess funds to my shipper via western
    union,for him to come for the pick up at your
    location,I ll give you my shipping agent's datas as soon as the check gets
    to you,He's handles my shipping arrangement. I will be giving $200 for your
    (efforts and western union fees) I'll be very grateful if really you can do
    everything the same day you recieve the check for a faster transaction and
    bcos i am really eager to see it.... I'll need your datas for the check to
    get to you soonest..
    NAME..
    ADDRESS..
    ZIP CODE..
    CITY..
    STATE...
    COUNTRY..
    PHONE NUMBER
    (HOME,OFFICE,CELL)
    Pls mail me today,to let me know what's good.
    I know I can trust you,
    Best Regard .

Its an 84 Honda Sabre. Its not in its prime. He's willing to pay $5500 for shipping and what not for a $1000 bike? This seems like a scam, but I was looking for your input. I mean, if i have a check in my hand, then I can't really get screwed. The bike is not at my mailing address, so he wouldn't be able to use that to find me and steal it. I'm more worried that I'll end up in my garage with some weirdo who then shoots me and rides off into the sunset. Looking for input from those that may be older and wiser than myself.
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

It's a scam. He will send you the money with stolen bank account information, you send his "shipper" the $500 western union...the payment never actually clears and your out the $500 or whatever. Tell him to send the money to his "shipper" and have his "shipper" get you a U.S. money order. He'll back out with quickness....

Comment

Right now I'm going to ask the biz associate to issue the check of $6,500 in
      your name and you'll send the excess funds to my shipper via western
      union,for him to come for the pick up at your
      If the shipper is coming to get the bike...why western union him the money? LoL!!! Just noticed that....oh well.

Comment

Yup that is a scam.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I figured as much, I just didn't want to believe it cuz I'd really like to get that garage space. lol. I emailed him like brett said, so we'll see what he does now.

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
          -Robert Morrison

"

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

old scam

It's an old, common scam: http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/cashier.asp

Comment

thanks a ton guys. Best website ever......

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

I mean c'mon, the guys is in Europe and wants to ship a bike from the U.S.??
                -----------------------
                2000 Katana 750
                K&N Filter and Jet Kit
                Yoshi Slip-on
                Katana Tank Bra
                Polished bar ends
                100W Zenon Headlight

Comment

a common scam...

I fed into it a bit so I could get the forgeries...

I have a business cheque and a USPS postal money order laying around somewhere... really good forgeries, I tell ya, all made out to a bogus company!

The cheque is only off on ONE part of the micro printing, and same for the money order!

Nigerians... gotta love em!

-Grimmy
                  Race Superseries Novice Open, Amateur Superbike #224 Suzuki GSXR-1000

Comment

Working...
                  X