X

looks not worth it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks not worth it

has anyone here ever put lowering links on their kat? i got some off ebay for what i thought was a good price ($15+shipping), but once i installed them i hated them. the bike looked good tucking the rear tire, but i lost all of my handling and the kickstand pretty much became useless, because it would hold the bike almost straight up, a swift wind could have knocked it over...imho, lowering links a waste of time and money

sorry if this has been previously covered, just needed to vent a little...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

trade them for some links to raise the back end.
    03 katanika

Comment

you could lower the front and cut and reweld the kickstand.

Comment

just whack the kickstand with a hammer to bend it out a little.
        My Karma ate your Dogma

Comment

I love mine. How much you lower yours?

Comment

I lowered mine and have had no handling problems! Well, I scrape a peg here and there.
            Demon...Taste like chicken!

Comment

i was scraping the pegs at the gap at stock height, so lowering it really made me nervous about the pegs, but actually caught my centerstand on an off-camber right turn near my house. my buddy said the sparks were cool though! the rear tire is tucked with me on the bike, i'm guessing anywhere from 3 inches or more drop from the links w/me on the bike....besides if i hadn't raised it back up before i got rear-ended i probably wouldn't be writing this post! OUCH!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Re: looks not worth it

Originally posted by teddy
                i got some off ebay for what i thought was a good price ($15+shipping), but once i installed them i hated them.
                It seems like the deal you got was maybe too good to be true, I had my 05 Kat 600 lowered 2 inches when I first bought it, my links were over 100 bucks, so 15 plus shipping sounds kinda fishy. I have never had any problems with mine. Yes my bike sits a little more vertical than other Kats when its on the kickstand, but I live in a area the frequently get very high winds and my bike has never been close to falling over.
                'Tis better to be criticized by a wise man than to be praised by a fool'

Comment

I made my own with steel. I could leave it stock, 2" or about 4" drop.
                  I had it at 2" and then went to 4" and rode 25 miles to work- while at work I raised it to 2" (scraping inner fender at every bump made me nervous). It did stand straight up and it did get blown over one night and almost hit me......I got pissed because it broke my blinker and rashed my fairing pretty deep. I got tired of it standing straight and heated and bent my kickstand out. After all that I wound up putting the stock links back on and put the 2 sets of links into my "motorcyle parts" drawer in the garage. Now I wont even think of putting them back on. It made it a PIA to put it up on the center stand.
                  Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

Working...
                  X