Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Is there such a thing as a courteous driver anymore...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there such a thing as a courteous driver anymore...

Im up in Connecticut all this week on a business trip. I thought the PA drivers were bad, but up here these people are even worse . Everybody cutting everybody else off, running lights, speeding, and more soccer mom SUV's than you can imagine ! Im used to crazy rude people on the road. Driving in PA all the time and riding you get used to the unexpected; as we all should in general..but anyways, I swear it took me a solid 10 minutes just to merge on the highway after eating dinner tonight !! While driving down Rt 5 back towards to hotel I could see up ahead a rider waiting to merge and all the traffic just close enough so he couldnt get out and nobody was slowing down to let him in, so I slowed down and flashed my lights and he waved and took off down the road.

I shouldnt be surprised or shocked, and Im not when it comes down to it, but alittle common courtesy on the roads now and then sure would be nice no matter where you are

The more rats you put in a shoebox, the more likely they are to bite each other... Put too many into the box and they will reduce their own numbers. That part of the Northeast Corridor, IMHO, qualifies in that sense, reflected in everything from their likeliness to snap to their driving manners. Want road courtesy? Go out into small-town American somewhere in Wyoming...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hell I cant even find any consistent courtesy in Amish Country around here in Lancaster; even the horse and buggy's cut you off !!

Comment

ermm when i went to new york to pick up my FZR... i followed a gold wing for 200 miles when ever he wanted to get over i would flash my brights....

he would get over then wave.. i left him a 5 second gap between him and I and tried to keep car's from getting on his ass.. we both pulled off and he noticed my biker friendly sticker and he knew i was a biker then...

and said THANK YOU that was the best 200 miles of my life on the super slab.. then asked what i rode i told him i have a stunting bike and picking up a 92 fzr 600 yamaha.. he was like how a sports rider that's also one of those riders.... then i was like hey don't bash the stunting... he then replied with i have actually a new found respect for stunting knowing that not all of you are devil's and do actually have common good sence made my day
        Woody
        http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
        http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

not to sound racist or anything, but here theres Alot of drivers that are illegal. no license no insurance no care if they get in an accident basically. they are always in these old beat up cars with no mirrors donuts on all sides etc.

mix that with people who are to old to walk let alone drive a big old cadi. they drift in 2 lanes unknowingly, run lights, fail to signal and think its everyone else thats driving bad.

then the soccer moms in suvs speeding through every school zone crosswalk so they can look like they are in a hurry to get no where. if their lil johnny got hit in the cross walk by an illegal speeding it would be all hell.

add on the new wanna be street racers and then you got ricers racing all these other cars... or rather Thinking they are racing all these cars as the people they race usually dont know its even a race. the ricer kids are just as bad as the old people.

try driving around people like that all day ;\
          03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
            not to sound racist or anything, but here theres Alot of drivers that are illegal. no license no insurance no care if they get in an accident basically. they are always in these old beat up cars with no mirrors donuts on all sides etc.

mix that with people who are to old to walk let alone drive a big old cadi. they drift in 2 lanes unknowingly, run lights, fail to signal and think its everyone else thats driving bad.

then the soccer moms in suvs speeding through every school zone crosswalk so they can look like they are in a hurry to get no where. if their lil johnny got hit in the cross walk by an illegal speeding it would be all hell.

add on the new wanna be street racers and then you got ricers racing all these other cars... or rather Thinking they are racing all these cars as the people they race usually dont know its even a race. the ricer kids are just as bad as the old people.

try driving around people like that all day ;\
            You forgot cellphones.
            Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
              add on the new wanna be street racers and then you got ricers racing all these other cars... or rather Thinking they are racing all these cars as the people they race usually dont know its even a race. the ricer kids are just as bad as the old people
              That brings up a tale from Wednesday's riding... Was coming back from a client site, Givi bags on the bike, tooling along about 85 - 90 on the interstate, trying to wick away some of the horrible sweat and shake the pack of slow-movers blocking up this chunk of roadway. I go past this guy around age 20 in a black 2 door benz (CLK500 coup?) at the front of the pack and he decides he just can't have that... so he starts flooring it. OK, whatever dude, go for it... I'm just doing my thing... I have no desire to race... He hits about 120 and shoots past me, then maybe a half-mile down zips around a UHaul truck and suddenly slams brakes hard -- about the same time I notice the FHP officer on his Harley sitting on the side of the road come to life and flip on his lights
              I just keep sailing along (a little slower, still not in the limit), the benz pulls right at his first chance and the cop just lines up on him...
              I was laughing so hard, I missed my exit and had to hit the next one and come back.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yup , it's too easy to get a lisence anymore , and too easy to get away with driving WITHOUT one . Maybe something like those boxes in Fifth Element that make you insert a lisence in order to start the car . I need the power to revoke people's lisences and tow their cars . Vote for me for emporer , or something . I promise to be fair and stuff .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

CP i hate to say it but back in my younger days that would have been me "without the benz" part. But i totally agree with you guys.
                  06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    I was laughing so hard, I missed my exit and had to hit the next one and come back.
                    I guess I forgot to mention this part:
                    Part of the reason I was laughing so hard was because if he hadn't slowed down, the harley would have never been able to catch him... It was almost as if he "volunteered" for that ticket.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Tell me about it - I LIVE in Connecticut. We get all the soccer moms, teeny boppers, wannabe gang-bangers, and every other "important" person gabbing on their cell phones while exhibiting symtoms of a drunk driver. 9 times out of 10 the sporadic, inconsiderate driving is a result of some a-hole talking on the phone. Yes, it is now against the law to do that in CT...but there is NO enforcement of that.

Not to mention all the New Yorkers who treat the highway as a NASCAR track and don't even get me started on the Massholes who can't comprehend anybody else on the road might like to know what their intentions are (read: don't know how to use freakin turn signal or understand the whole concept of "stay right except to pass").

Now you got me started I have to watch myself just getting out of my parking lot. Twice in the past two weeks someone just pulled out because they "didn't see me" (read: didn't freakin' look!!!).
                      '95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
                      PurpleonBlack

Comment

Originally posted by J. Kidd

Not to mention all the New Yorkers who treat the highway as a NASCAR track and don't even get me started on the Massholes who can't comprehend anybody else on the road might like to know what their intentions are (read: don't know how to use freakin turn signal or understand the whole concept of "stay right except to pass").
                        Haha, I'm in MA, though I grew up in NH where driving with courtesy is "The New Hampshire way" according to the signs Anyway, I was down in southern CT and I had a masshole in a BMW decide he wanted to move from the right lane to the middle lane, when we were lined up right next to each other, luckily the left lane was empty and I was able to get out of his way... but then five minutes later someone with CT plates did the same thing to me.

Comment

Hey iwannadie,

You and I drive in the same area. US-60 !!! I ride it almost every day.

The soocer mom's think they're indestructable, the imports drivers think they are racing and the mimi van drivers are doing everything but driving.

There are people who do stuff on the roads in AZ that would get you kicked out of Firebird Raceway!!

Don't let 'em getcha
                          Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

Happened again tonight, trying to merge back onto Rt 5 from stopping for dinner again. You think anybody would slow down to let me out?? Not a chance! I finally merged onto the shoulder, put my signal on, and turned the nose towards to lane alittle bit someone finally let me in !

Get me outta here and back to PA so atleast I know enough back roads to avoid all this farkin traffic !

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                              Happened again tonight...
                              Get me outta here and back to PA so atleast I know enough back roads to avoid all this farkin traffic !
                              You on two wheels or four for your trip?

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X