Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went for a ride today

I'm not sure if I did this right but I'm trying to post some pics
    Attached Files

Looks like you had a nice day for a ride.
    sigpic
    "Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire."

Comment

Nice pics, I envy you. It snowed today up here .
      Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by KevinGambrell View Post
        Looks like you had a nice day for a ride.
        yep 75 degrees and sunny and first real ride, I rode a little bit Saturday but it was cold. It was 47 degrees and everybody I called said it was too cold to ride, but I said to hell with them I'm riding. So I didn't make too far and I froze my balls off

Comment

Congrats!!! .... Nothing but ice and snow up here.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by dollarb View Post
            yep 75 degrees and sunny and first real ride, I rode a little bit Saturday but it was cold. It was 47 degrees and everybody I called said it was too cold to ride, but I said to hell with them I'm riding. So I didn't make too far and I froze my balls off
            Ha! I've had a few days like that around here. I'd rather be cold on the Kat than warm and bored at home though.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

awesome weather man, I need to go hit the twistys now!
              1999 Suzuki Katana 750F

Comment

47 is cold???

Damn, I think I've only ridden two or three days warmer than that in the last three or four months, and I've ridden most days to work!

Just have to get the gear for it, then its not so bad.

Comment

Lol. Well if I leave the heated gear at home...yes. Otherwise I'm good down 30. Least that's the coldest I've ridden in...My part of the globe, doesn't really get colder than that.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

Comment

I've ridden in low 30's with the wrong gear and it's terrible, extra jacket and pants and it's prime time for me, I ride super late in the hills.
                    1999 Suzuki Katana 750F

Comment

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
                      47 is cold???

Damn, I think I've only ridden two or three days warmer than that in the last three or four months, and I've ridden most days to work!

Just have to get the gear for it, then its not so bad.

Well I didn't have the right gear, I've ridden comfortably colder than that when I had too. (when my bike was my only transportation and rode all winter long).

Comment

Originally posted by raidinmd View Post
                        I've ridden in low 30's with the wrong gear and it's terrible, extra jacket and pants and it's prime time for me, I ride super late in the hills.
                        Coldest its been when I left the house was 21F. Took three pushes of the starter button to get the bike running (normally fires on first go). Roads were clear and dry though. 30 minute ride to work, some at 65-70 mph.
                        Ice and snow get me to park it.

T-shirt, sweat jacket, heavy riding coat on top, jeans and insulated riding pants on the bottom. Wool socks under my A* GoreTex boots. Balaclava under the helmet, non-heated but thick cold weather riding gloves.

Only thing I would have changed if I could was the gloves. Really made me think hard about heated ones...

Comment

They're awfully nice and it's not even THAT cold where I am. Not really sure how they are almost the same price as a jacket liner though (at least for Gerbing). Once you start using it you'll never want to go back
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Working second shift one time I rode to work with my jacket on with no liner because it was in the sixties in the afternoon. I found out when i got off it was in the fourties, I thought if i get on the highway it would only take fifteen minutes to get home if i open her up. Man I made it one exit, got off and rode the back roads doing about 45-50 mph. It took me about almost an hour to get home lol

Comment

Working...
                            X