X

My 96 kiat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 96 kiat

Hey guys figuredd I would throw a few pics up of the bike I just picked up yesterday for $900, thought it was going to be a great deal with only minor things wrong like a vaccum leak and oil leak. Turns out I was wrong thie kid has two complettely locked up calipers, vaccume leak, he popped the chain and broke the lutch pushrod. lol. But other than the calipers that are the expensive parts everything else seems pretty cheap just the dealer has to order everything. Bike orginially was black and purple but im thinking going black and silver will post more pics when I continue onward.
    Attached Files

Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Enjoy your project!
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Good luck with the dealer prices. Bike Bandit generally has much lower prices.
      I'd be checking ebay for the calipers or seeing if you can break them free and rebuilding them.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
        Good luck with the dealer prices. Bike Bandit generally has much lower prices.
        I'd be checking ebay for the calipers or seeing if you can break them free and rebuilding them.
        Ya was thinking but my local dealer and bike bandit so fr are pretty close, but I've been looking on eBay for the calipers found some but there is no way to free mine up I need new pistons for them and everything lol.

Comment

Doesn't the ones on ebay come with everything? I believe they even sell rebuild kits.

Comment

id wring out E-bay before i went to my local dealer .
            im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

here are some of the latest pics of the bike ended up getting a set of calipers from texas cheap as dirt for $25. getting new black seats for $35 this week painted wheels from purple to silver along with all other purple pieces not a fan of that color think black and silver will look good hope to get more pictures up soon.
              Attached Files

Comment

Welcome mate, real nice project

Engelskmannen.
                Carpe Jugulum...
                1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Originally posted by Engelskmannen View Post
                  Welcome mate, real nice project

Engelskmannen.

hey thanks

Comment

Good luck with the project. Coming along nice so far.

Comment

Lookin good, PM me if you need any more parts Ive got a bunch just sitting around

Comment

hey guys tried to upload some pics but its not letting me some updates on the bike are all purple pieces are now silver, purple windscreen is black. finally got the bike to fire up and run got the carbs sync'd. Next step is to replace some of the gaskets and orings in the carbs so they dont leak then assemble the fairings, Ill try and get some pics up soon.

Comment

Hey guys got some pics just got the bike put back together after tearing apart the carbs cleaning them and syncing. got a flushmont tursignals for the front, painted all the old purple with black and silver. shes almost ready for the road runs and sounds great need to do a shovel chop and buy fluch mounts for the rear. But heres how she looks now.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here's an update, the bike is all together and running good. Today I got 8 hyper LED lights and mounted them under the fairings to give more visablity. can't wait till the weather breaks and take her out on the maiden voyage but while the cold weather is here I'm probably going to eliminate the rear fender. looking for ideas I know the seach and I can fid what other people have done just looking for any advise or ideas.

Comment

Well here is an update I've had the bike out a few times, I like the handling and the feel but while riding I kept noticing a hesitation in it from around 4k to 5k it just didnt want to go them just took off like a bat outta hell. Well after getting another set of carbs off ebay letting each carb soak for 2 days and doing a complete rebuild on the I just got them in tonight and I have to say she fired up and purred like a kitten sounds beautiful didnt want to take it out tonight way to tired but tomorrow will be the test.

Comment

Working...
                              X