X

Turbo Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
    I've been told by a member here "suzukiray" that he can build a 200-hp natrally aspirated kat that will survive the street. He's not been active for a while, I believe. But anyway, I'd look around and try that first. I've been down the turbo road with my cars, and I didn't like it. Just sayin
    EDIT: suzukirays public profile:
    http://katriders.com/vb/member.php?u=8140
    While I'm definitely sure that it's possible to hit 200hp I don't think it would be as street friendly as a purpose built turbo 200hp.

The head work alone would be 3k

Im estimating about $3500-$4500 on the turbo build but that's over building the block with the ability to turn up the boost if I so desire.

I should be able to make 250 reliability with stock busa rod's, if I spend 1k for entry level H-Beam and forged low compression pistons I could probably make 350 if I wanted to push it. That saying, that kinda of hp would require a lock up, frame bracing, and a lot more money
    Last edited by Tekgnome; 07-14-2017, 09:33 AM.
    Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
    The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
      I've been told by a member here "suzukiray" that he can build a 200-hp natrally aspirated kat that will survive the street. He's not been active for a while, I believe. But anyway, I'd look around and try that first. I've been down the turbo road with my cars, and I didn't like it. Just sayin
      EDIT: suzukirays public profile:
      http://katriders.com/vb/member.php?u=8140
      All of my 4 wheel vehicles are boosted...It's the BEST!

I've got a turbo Regal that you can give to your grandmother and she'd never know it was a 10 second car. Air conditioning & all the toys. 26mpg highway (if you keep your foot out of it)

You don't need to rev the piss out of it to make a lot of power, unlike normally aspirated engines. The nice thing about 'all that heavy crap' is that it aids traction - and you want more power? Add more boost.

Megasquirt is pretty easy to hook up...I did it on an air cooled VW The problem with carbs is that you really can't tune them on the fly & they're nothing more than a metered leak. If you do a blow-thru watch you don't crush the floats...but limiting it to 6 psi you should be good.

Comment

officially purchased my turbo and fuel pump today.

Ended up with a GT25 turbo and a MSD 2225 fuel pump.

I also picked up a spare header and a T4 exhaust flange for the manifold.
        The plan is to cut up the stock pipe to fabricate the new header

Yes I know these measurements are not exact, it's just to get a rough dimension of the tubing.

I still need to buy

A FMU

intake/plenum piping

Oil lines

Fuel lines

boost switch

boost gauge

A water meth kit

I've still got a long way to go. The manifold will be finished mid August, I'm taking it up to Troy Ohio to get welded by someone who actually knows what they are doing.

I should be able to do the oil pan my self, I just need to see if I can remove the Katana's with out dropping the bottom of the engine cradle.
        Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
        The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

edit:MEGA SQUIRT ???
          Last edited by katanarider; 07-26-2017, 02:54 PM.
          My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Working...
          X