No announcement yet.
X

Straight Pipe EXH w/ Shorty turn down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight Pipe EXH w/ Shorty turn down?

Good day gents,

I have a 2002 GSX750F and want to make the bike louder. Its what I prefer. I like LOUD!! Currently I have the Delkavic (probably spelled it wrong) slip on with the baffle insert removed and the carbs are jetted. Its still not loud enough for me. I want this bike to SCREAM on WOT.

So my question is, will this bike run ok with a straight pipe shorty? It runs okay now with the slip on with the baffle removed. Will I have a real hard time tuning/adjusting the carbs with a shorty exhaust that's wide open?

Thanks in advance men

No, you'll need to rejet.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Hey Motor Bike Mike! You're probably the closest Katrider on here to me, only about 30 miles between us!

Comment

Originally posted by Xerrith View Post
        Hey Motor Bike Mike! You're probably the closest Katrider on here to me, only about 30 miles between us!
        I'm in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Probably a few miles more away then 30

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          No, you'll need to rejet.
          Sounds like too much work this early in the Season. I just want to ride it and not spend too much time wrenching on it. Winter Project next year...lol

Comment

Originally posted by MotorBikeMike View Post
            I'm in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Probably a few miles more away then 30

Woops, yeah a little more than 30!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xerrith View Post
              Woops, yeah a little more than 30!!
              LOL....Its all good!!!

Comment

Mine was cut down to just past the crossover below the trans, and was running super rich because the orings in carb were shot. I live 1.25 miles from highway, not in a straight line, and people could hear me hit 4th on the freeway...

I like loud exhaust, but it was pretty ridiculous. With a helmet and ear plugs, my ears would still ring for a long time after a ride. Couldn't hear the tires or the motor.

I thought it ran fine, but once carbs were working right it was pretty disappointing, just loud. Running real rich it was pretty quick WOT, but had no low end at all. Constantly had to shift down for very slight hills and such.

Added an exhaust and have much better torque. Now I can roll on the throttle in 6th at 55 and have bike move, albeit sort of slowly...

Just saying, there is loud, and there is loud. I like loud, but in my case the wide open exhuast and rich mix was just too loud.

Comment

Working...
                X