X

New to me 92 Kat 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me 92 Kat 750

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, short time poster. Just got my 'second' Katana (first was an 89 600 with a GSXR 750 motor, but it's the body I fell in love with). It's a mostly stock 1992 Katana 750 with only 6k miles. It was dropped on a trailer, so one of the mirrors is f'ed but luckily they're so ugly I can't wait to replace them. Here are some pics. I can't wait to get started, but at the same time want to do very little. What would you do?

Looks fantastic. Keep it stock.

Comment

Clean the carbs, add some SS brake lines, change fork oil, and ride the hell out of it, that's what I'd do. Looks great, I wouldn't change anything looks wise.

Nice find, welcome to KR
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
        Clean the carbs, add some SS brake lines, change fork oil, and ride the hell out of it, that's what I'd do. Looks great, I wouldn't change anything looks wise.

Nice find, welcome to KR
        yeah. that. maybe RaceTech springs made for your weight. made huge difference on my Kat.
        Last edited by KAT TOY; 03-30-2014, 02:44 PM.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I said keep it stock. Visually it is great but I totally agree with the other suggestions I just changed fork oil and put ss lines on the front. Love how it feels. +1 on the racetech suspension. I have not done it yet but is on the list. It is good that you have the 750, I believe that you can rebuild the rear shock and upgrade the spring for your weight.

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
            I said keep it stock. Visually it is great but I totally agree with the other suggestions I just changed fork oil and put ss lines on the front. Love how it feels. +1 on the racetech suspension. I have not done it yet but is on the list. It is good that you have the 750, I believe that you can rebuild the rear shock and upgrade the spring for your weight.

Pre shock is not rebuild able. Post 750cc shock can be.

Could also go with a early 90s ish GSXR rear shock rebuilt, a Bandit 1200 2nd gen rebuilt shock, or an R6 08+ model. The B12 will raise the rear, the r6 will lower it. You can have the b12 shock shimmed to reduce how much it will raise the rear, but it makes a HUGE difference in how well the bike rides.

If you have not done suspension work on these bikes, you just do not know what your missing on how much it will improve the enjoyment and performance of them. It's not a minor thing.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If you're going to keep it outside....a cover would be good.

Very nice bike. Looks new.
              Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
              Ride: 2002 750F Kat
              "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

Congrats on the new machine .. it shows it was in a garage for some time .

Comment

Up close there are a few careless mistakes. I have a garage but it rained overnight so she was out for a bit, but a cover is definitely in order. As is the suspension work. I love how comfortable these bikes are. I'm 6'1 160, so she doesn't sag much even with the gf on back. Thanks for all the input.

Comment

You'll like even more with a new suspension, I know first hand, not the same bike at all.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                    X