X

CyberPoet's Tips for the Road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steves View Post
    She wasn't the only one... and that included several random people we met on site. He probably could have sold them for $5 each.
    Damn , old rags that possibly have gas or oil on them is all I woulda had to offer .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
      Damn , old rags that possibly have gas or oil on them is all I woulda had to offer .
      Then you wonder why you don't have a GF?

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

Last edited by The CyberPoet; 09-12-2008, 05:58 PM.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I didn't think THAT was why . Hell , I actually bought this girl roses a couple weeks ago when we went to the conservatory Just a couple . Trivial little thing really , but she seemed quite pleased by it , saying over and over how surprised she was and how nice that was . And I enjoyed getting them for her .
        Of course , I ain't heard much from her since ......
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Great advice, and I will be putting as much as possible to work when I pack my pre-98. Thanks
          What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            Going to BikeWeek?
            Check this: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=77868

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            No a good friend of mine is....we were talking about going to some place in GA south of ATL called Milligeville Bike Fest. and We always go to Thunder Beach in Panama City and Bainbridge in GA.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I learned a lot. My head hurts now

Comment

nice
                1991 GSX600F
                1977 KZ750B
                1980 CB900C

Comment

Good List and a bump for the rally

HILDE
                  Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

good tips, going to go to san diego from utah, first week of october. so this helps alot.
                    2006 Katana 750, Bumble Bee replica
                    Bumblee Bee Tuna

Comment

Good Read, I'm guessing i'll still be reading these post for a years, and now i'll even say Keep up the good work :

Comment

Excellent read thanks.
                        Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't (Bart Simpson)

Comment

Originally posted by daslex View Post

Excellent read thanks.

Marc is STILL helping people.
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Saved the link.......and will be referred to often. Thanks Darin and Marc.
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

My two cents:
                              I hate hand grip vibes big time, so I have get grips + fingerless gel gloves + regular leather ride gloves with gel insert.
                              Before a long trip, always do a carb synch, always!
                              Always wear a riding suit. I got a Joe Rocket cordura full suit and even it is hot outside, it is fine. You will sweat, but then you open a zipper and you stay cool, it is fine and beats street clothes (with debridement) if you go down. Plus, it is water proof.
                              For motels, i usually stay at motel 6 as they are usually the cheapest, you can park your bike in front of your room window and it is to throw out your stuff in one. Also, I feel less guilty about being away from my family (we usually stay in 3star+ hotels on vacation)
                              Bring a can of red bull or similar. This is to be used for situations like your dead *** tired and the motel is one hour away you don't want to fall asleep on the bike nor nap next to the road!.
                              Bring a zip lock bag of paper towels/toilet paper. Not on a bike trip, but I was in my car, admiring the beauty of the redwood trees in the middle of nowehere when those bagels I had for breakfast started to ground hog!
                              Chain lube- my chain stays lubed pretty well , but I travel with Honda chain lube as it works well and the can is very small, nice for travelling.
                              The other fluid I pack is a quart of Mobil 1 20-50 Vtwin motor oil. It is good, thick oil and I have noticed that my normally oil frugal bike will start using it on long, high speed runs. It is nice to have a bottle of good oil to top it off rather than get some crappy stuff at the local 7/11 because that is all that is near.
                              Bring a small air gauge, if you go down in altitude a lot, before parking it for the night, add air to the tires then check the next day, bleeding them if necessary for the perfect pressure.

Comment

Anyone know what kind of rack CP had on his bike?

Comment

Working...
                                X