X

Clock battary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock battary

I have a 05 kat 600 and the clock is not keeping time any more. Can anyone tell me how to get to the battery that is powering the clock and what type of battery it is.

It should be under your seat, can't miss it.

Comment

is there a second battery out sided of the main one.

Comment

Originally posted by doblerj14 View Post
        is there a second battery out sided of the main one.
        Not one in the cluster (just pulled one apart to verify...) so I'm gonna say no.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

What i am looking for is where the battery is that keeps the time running on the clock. I know it is not the main battery because the clock will stay on even when that battery is disconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by doblerj14 View Post
            What i am looking for is where the battery is that keeps the time running on the clock. I know it is not the main battery because the clock will stay on even when that battery is disconnected.
            There is no battery for the clock specifically. This is a capacitor (supercapacitor) setup most likely that is utilized for short duration power supply so the clock doesn't' reset on you with a temp power interruption (battery disconnected).

The bike battery / alternator is the only power source for the clock. The capacitor is charged from that. Like a car stereo (that resets when you unplug the battery) it's likely that the clock has a minor constant draw on the battery while on the bike. The capacitor would only be needed for the short term that the main bike battery is disconnected for short service intervals.

A clock that won't keep time is probably a faulty issue with the capacitor. Either the capacitor is bad, or the connection for it to build/release a charge is.

IF it is a battery, it's not one that is removable. The supercapacitor setup is much more likely looking at the circuit board.

I included pics for you...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thank you Krey

You are always such a wealth of knowledge

Comment

Working...
              X