X

From a 91 to a 99

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a 91 to a 99

Hello Katriders. My name is Will (Million$) I had a customized 1991 Katana 600. I wrecked it then sold it. I picked up a 1999 600 with 14,000 miles on it. Its a little rough, but I'm gonna try to have it mostly done in less than 2 months. I plan to stretch it, get new custom painted fairings, new grips, levers, seat cowl, foot pegs, lights, and music. Im glad to be back among you.
    old bike
    1.jpg
    new bike
    2.jpg
    new bike
    3.jpg
    sigpic

I don't remember if it's a direct bolt up, but the 750 swing arm is 1.5" longer, if you're only looking for a small stretch, that might be worth looking into.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Not for the 98+. The 600 and 750 swing arm are the same thing.

Comment

Looks like a great project try to post pictures showing the progress
        Cheers

Comment

....so the guy i bought it from laid it down. i have oil coming from the left side engine cover. it wont start now. is it gonna take more than a new cover to fix???
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the correction Arsenic, didnt know that was just a pre thing.

As in laid it down after you bought it?? If so, that's F'd up.

Either way, if the cover is cracked you're going to need another one. Used ones available on eBay. Possible when the bike was down fuel leaked into the crankcase or the carbs emptied out somewhere else. Sniff the oil, if I smells like gas replace it before trying to run the bike again. If it's fine, have you tried putting the petcock to prime for 30 seconds or so?
            Or is the starter not even turning over? More info would probably help at this point.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Dude, what the ****. Don't try to start it when all the oil has or is draining out of the bike. Replace the cover and gasket (ensure it's the only damged issue, just look at it).
              - Purplehaze
              All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

All good. It runs. Reconnected some the vaccum lines under carbs, new oil, and plugs. Gonna order new covers for both sides along with all the other goodies... Stay tuned.
                sigpic

Comment

My 99 600 is almost done! a few things to button up today, then Im heading to the beach.
                  sigpic

Comment

So I got her done and went to Myrtle Beach. Overall the trip was great! Bike did well. Made it home safely. And her she is...
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

grats

it looks interesting but it must be very strange to ride with the massive geometry changes
                      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

You work fast. Color scheme is cool. Not a big fan of stretched bikes personally. And yeah, I'm curious - how's that handle?
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Handles good to me. A little too high in the rear when solo riding, but with a beautiful woman on the back its perfect!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X