X

Back again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back again

I joined in the spring when I first bought my Kat but I haven't posted anything or even looked at Katriders much during the summer. I kind of just wanted to ride. I barely even washed it. When I got some free time I rode. But being from Ottawa Canada the season is very close to being over. I recently started to dream of the mods I want to do this winter (5 -6 Months long here). So I started searching here and found lots of stuff I'm planning on doing. Here are the things on my list.
    Fender Eliminator Kit
    Timing Advance kit
    Change Gauges to KMs
    Speedo Healer
    Rims painted silver
    Lower Fairing painted silver
    Chain and Sprockets
    Mesh mod
    Custom Clipon Riser
    Stainless steel brake lines
    Jet Kit
    Mirror Extenders
    Clean and Paint headers
    Dremel welds in headers
    Polish Pipe
    Rim Tape
    paint rear swing arm
    Clear front signals with running lights

I won't get them all done and probably the least expensive and easiest will get done first. But I do have a long time to do this so we'll see.
    Thanks for all the input you guys have given me. I'll post more as I get stuff done.

Wait - you washed it??

If you're going to clean up the header welds, it will lean out the bike a bit more. I wouldn't advise doing that until you're going to install the jet kit.

Advancers are getting harder to find, but ones from oil cooled bandits work for Kats also. Or there's the DYI version (there's a how to thread somewhere here)
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I had it on the dyno this summer and it's running rich. So I have some room to lean it out
      I have the links to the Advance website and the DYI in my Visio Project plan...
      JK it's in my spreadsheet. I'm also planning on doing all the scheduled maintenance since I have no idea when that stuff has been done last.
      Do people port the heads? Not that I'm up for that this year or anything just curious. I had a 68 Firebird when I was a kid and porting the heads on that thing changed it into a real beast.

Thanks for the reply!!!
      Last edited by edgelite; 10-23-2014, 12:46 PM.

Comment

2 places I'm aware of that do it:
        Holeshot and APE

Either one is going to run you close to a grand by the time you factor in parts and shipping etc. And I believe to take full advantage of it you'd need a jet kit. It's pricey enough that most here on KR would rather just buy a different bike, but to each their own.

Personally, I'm contemplating it. My 600 engine has 71k miles on it, so when it's time to replace it (with a 750), if funding allows I'd like to. I'm also right down the road from Holeshot.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
        X