Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

differences in a katana from a gsxr motor 1100?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• differences in a katana from a gsxr motor 1100?

Could be looking to purchase a GSXR 1100 motor but I'm wondering if there's a way to make sure it's from a gsxr and not a katana.
    No scams allowed.

here's whats availible
    complete 90 gsxr 1100 motor. includes carbs, k&n filters, alternator, starter, harness and extra coils, manual, and full yosh duplex exhaust.

he's askin $1000.00can

bst36ss carbs on a 90 gsxr bst34ss on a kat as stock, i believe the inlet rubbers are different too although beware the 36's will force into the 34 rubbers

90 gsxr COULD be shim type valve ajustment depending on when you got the model over there & how long it sat in a dealers unregistered

5 fuses in a 90 gsxr fuse box & only 4 in a kat (unless its an 88 model) extra wiring on a kat for the power screen & clock wiring

not much to go on i know but i hope it helps btw theres nothing wrong with the kat motor anyway so i wouldnt worry too much tbh

tone
    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Have him pull the clutch cover & look at the clutch hub gear. If it is a STRAIGHT cut gear, it's a GSXR motor. If it's a helical cut gear, it's a Kat motor. Ray.
      85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

the katana needs more oil than the gsxr

with filter change its 4.5 liters of dot 4 oil for the katana
        and 4.2 liters for the gsxr ....

thats the easiest way to check and you should do it when getting the engine anyway

Comment

ok thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
          X