X

helmets?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmets?

What is about the best Helmet you can get? which brand? which is better between arai, suomy and icon? i've wanted to get a better helmet and im going for both looks and protection-which is the main idea. also the prices. which can you get a better deal on for the quality? what some good websites with great deals ?[/quote]

Comment

Arai and Shoei are probably the most known and the most protective in many peoples opinion...A lot of people think Icon is crap...I like them but it's an opinion thing...Suomy is well known and a quality helmet..a bit pricey...have you looked at other brands...Scorpion is a highly rated inexpensive helmet...many like it...if you are looking for a deal... newenough.com or denniskirkoutlet.com...have some really good deals...why have you limited yourself to only 3...also have you tired the helmets on...they all fit differently...
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Have a question myself...

Like the looks and functionality of the Caberg stuff.

Know it's expensive, but you are after all talking about your brain bucket.

Heard some arguments that the locking pins couldn't hold up with extended use. Never seen anyone cite them in an accident report. Do know that their stuff makes it through the UK safety measures. Something that a lot of stuff common in the US can't boast.

Still looking and willing to be convinced. Opinions?

8)

ND

Comment

Check out www.scoripionusa.com They are great helmets. There are only two companies to get 5 stars on the JD Power tests. Arei and Scorpion. Scorpion is A LOT less expensive becuase they cut out all middle men in the selling process. You can buy direct from them online or find a dealer where you can try on the helmets to see which size. They have fogproof visors which really are fogproof. They are VERY quiet. Lots of ventilation. Definitely check them out

Comment

The best helmet is one that fits correctly. Stick to any established brand (Shoei, Arai, HJC, KBS, Scorpion, Simpson, AGV, etc) and you will get a helmet that provides the protect that you need. The big difference between a lot of the cheaper helmets and the high dollar ones is creature comforts. Cheap helmets will weigh more and probably not have as much venting. Then again there are some great inexpensive models out there.

Personally I do not like Arai or Shark because they do not fit my head well. I currently have a Shoei and I will buy another one.

Comment

WOw , I can't believe nobody's posted THE link yet .....
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have an Icon Manic Mainframe helmet and let me tell you, that helmet is totally awesome. It is completely aerodynamic, allows for the flow of air without compromsing aerodynamic properties, and fits my head very well. I would absolutely recommend the helmet to anyone who rides bikes.
                www.myspace.com/teryn32 www.burninrubber.org
                www.gcherricanes.com

Comment

my THH held up very well when I crashed doing 70mph.

Comment

Ditto what tzortn said. I work at a motorcycle shop and people usually come looking for a specific brand. It is more important that a helmet fits you right than buying for brand name or for graphics. A helmet the fits you right is usually hard to put on/ take off and very snug. As long as you don't get any "hot spots" get the snuggest helmet you can find. It will break in to your head.

Comment

Working...
                    X