No announcement yet.
X

GSXR 1100 Head onto a '97 Katana motor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSXR 1100 Head onto a '97 Katana motor?

Will this work. My head is trashed & have located this one. Thanks in advance for all responses, Andy.

On to which 97 Kat engine -- the 600, the 750 or onto an 1100 frankenkat?

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sorry, a 750. Trying to figure out whether to fix the motor or find another. Have located a transmission so all that is needed is a head/cam setup. But have also located a fresh GSXR 750 motor. I know the GSXR would make a great sleeper & I trust the mechanic. He used to build his sons motors before he got picked up started racing Superbike & GP. My leanings are to sell all my unneeded stuff & scrounge the rest of the $$ to get the GSXR, but that's just the gearhead/speedfreak in me trying to get out. The supposedly mature 49 yr old adult is screaming "You don't need a bike capable of way too much speed!". Decisions, decisions. But hey, this is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by lopeha555
        Sorry, a 750. Trying to figure out whether to fix the motor or find another. Have located a transmission so all that is needed is a head/cam setup. But have also located a fresh GSXR 750 motor. I know the GSXR would make a great sleeper & I trust the mechanic. He used to build his sons motors before he got picked up started racing Superbike & GP. My leanings are to sell all my unneeded stuff & scrounge the rest of the $$ to get the GSXR, but that's just the gearhead/speedfreak in me trying to get out. The supposedly mature 49 yr old adult is screaming "You don't need a bike capable of way too much speed!". Decisions, decisions. But hey, this is fun.
        If you need a tranny and a head, get an entire engine/tranny combo rather than splitting them -- it will be cheaper and easier to install. SpecialK has engine/trannies that he'll sell at very reasonable prices that can be slipped right in.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

So far that's been the consensus. Thanks for the responses, now to scorunge up some motor funds.

Comment

Working...
          X