X

OGK Helmets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OGK Helmets

Anybody ever used these, or know of anyone thats using one? whatcha think about them?

Here's the official site for them.. OGK

From what I understand they only just got DOT for the 2004 FF4 model (I think) the previous FF3 model had tons of certifications BSE, Snell etc, but didn't have DOT and there for "legally" was a track only helmet in most of North America.

I have to say I really like the look of these ones, there is only one vendor in Ontario that I know of that carries them.

Maybe someone can pipe in if they recall, but I think there was a group buy on one of the US based Bike boards this season.

So far there is only one review here http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com/...php?prodID=851
    Kyle

Comment

A friend of mine has one, looks are bad a$s, but the OGK helmet has a problem, the wind noise!
      My dude has two Arais (Quantum and Astro R) and the Ogk, and no way, Arai kick Ogk a$s!
      There is too Nitro helmets, a second brand of OGK, looks nice too but noise problem is worst!
      PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

One of my regular riding buddies wears one and swears by it. It is noisy though, but so are most race helmets. My Arai RX-7 is just as bad.
        I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan
          One of my regular riding buddies wears one and swears by it. It is noisy though, but so are most race helmets. My Arai RX-7 is just as bad.
          Yeah, but I have tested it and itīs wayyyy more noisy that my old Shark XRR. But then, we have the ear plugs, isnt?
          PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

www.speedwerks.com has them on sale right now..just an FYI! 8)

Comment

I recently switched from a Shoei to an OGK. It is the best helmet I've ever had on my head. I have no problems with wind noise. Those that are having that problem may not know that OGK has interchangeable liners inside their helmet. If they are getting wind noise it is because the liners are not properly fitting against their heads and cheeks. These helmets are super light, don't fog up, and we've thoroughly crash tested them on the track and it's the first helmet we've never had a headache in. Plus, they sell replaceable parts for them. And, if you're a track rider, you'll love the tear offs.

The downsides? They still are a helmet that is in the higher price range. They are not as expensive as Arai's or Shoei's and they are definitely a better product.

Just my opinion. I wrote a review if you feel like reading it.

Comment

Working...
              X