Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I love my kat! painted it red and turned out ok!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my kat! painted it red and turned out ok!

Hi all, thought I'd share how much I love riding...it's been 3 weeks . And the camaraderie of sport bikers are awesome! It's similar to jeep owners

Anyways, I bought a 1996 600 three weeks ago a day after I passed my MSF. It was all sprayed with flat black including the windshield. I decided to paint it red to be more visible to other drivers :fingerscross: and it's a bit easier to wipe down and clean. What do you guys think? I added flush front signals, got new windshield and mirrors since they were scratched.

I'll probably add decals so that it's not just plain red, but nothing too crazy.

My toys

Pre98 Kat fan!

Not too shabby at all there, Rogue. Did you rattle can her, or shoot her with a gun? Looks like she just needs a good buffing to raise the shine.
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
      Not too shabby at all there, Rogue. Did you rattle can her, or shoot her with a gun? Looks like she just needs a good buffing to raise the shine.
      Thanks! it's only a rattle can but it still needs to be wet sanded a bit and buff. I just finished her yesterday and waiting to completely dry.
      My toys

Pre98 Kat fan!

Comment

Looks great!!!
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Looks good man!!!

Welcome aboard! I'm totally stoked to be riding too! Have fun!

Comment

Nice bike and JK too, where are you located?
            Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by ChuglyXJ View Post
              Nice bike and JK too, where are you located?
              Thanks chuglyxj! Im in SoCal, Chino to be exact. Are you a fellow jeeper too?
              My toys

Pre98 Kat fan!

Comment

Sounds like me too, 3 weeks riding, '94 kat but keeping her nekid and going red for the tank and seat

you're not Rogue from n a s i o c <<filtered word????) . com are you?

Comment

good job on the paint and red is the fastest color
                  sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Nice job. It's incredible how good this looks from a rattle can....

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                      Thanks chuglyxj! Im in SoCal, Chino to be exact. Are you a fellow jeeper too?
                      Yep, I have two Cherokees. One is my nice one that is built to go over anything but I kept the lift low to make sure I keep it nice. My wife claimed that as her DD and sold her car. The other is my Chugly Jeep (cheep/ugly). I used as little $$ as I could in the build and built a lot of components myself. Its a bit hobbled together right now but its comming along.

Its just sucks in PA, wheeling is expensive as the only public use is fire roads in game lands. That and since Paragon was closed there is only Rausch Creek to go to, I'm lucky its just over an hour to get there. Its a good hoby, expensive but a good day wheeling is better then a good day riding.
                      Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

Very Nice
                        Die Living, rather than live dying

Comment

looks pretty good, keep up the good work

Comment

yeah red bikes are faster than other bikes

Comment

Originally posted by suzukifan View Post
                              yeah red bikes are faster than other bikes
                              very true...and I added decals and it gave me extra 20hp!
                              My toys

Pre98 Kat fan!

Comment

Working...
                              X