Ever ridden one????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever ridden one????

two bikes

Aprilia RSV----- Yes or No what did you think of it?? Or what have you heard about it
    AND OF COURSE THE

Suzuki Hayabusa----- Yes or No what did you think of it?? Or what have you heard about it

Owned a Busa for about six months before it was lifted. Great bike, hot in the summers though. Easy bike to ride fast. It didn't wheelie unless you wanted it too. Like they say on this site, it was like a big fast Kat.

Comment

owned a 'busa for about 8 months. Put a more comfortable set of bars on it. some rearsets; and changed the gearing to make it a little more "practical" ... I liked it, but in stock trim (IE Gearing) there is a bunch too much top end power that you really can't use. Change the gearing by about 6 teeth on the rear and it makes it more usable power. It gives you a feeling of more power down low with the change, and gives you a bit more oooomph coming out of corners. The 'busa can be a very good handling bike with a set of wider bars (naked bike style) and a good bit of rider weight. at 250lbs, I could toss it around pretty well, but some of my friends, with less mass, had problems forcing it around corners. Changing to a 180/55 or 190/55 on the rear helped a bit. (stock is 190/50)
      Nothin like watchin the sparks fly off the footpegs...

Comment

I rode a 'busa last fall... boy was it sweet... you don't even realize how fast you are going until you look down at the speedo!

Comment

I owned a 'busa for 5 years. -Dammm thing spoiled me and now I can't get away from the big bores...
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Is the forward positon tough on the hands for a Busa? my only complaints about the Kats were my hands hurt after riding a short way.
            GNC is having a 08 Busa give away contest. Just curious in case I win.
            Yes, my chances are good. I have filled out many many many entries. Maybe 50 so far.
            The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
              -Dammm thing spoiled me and now I can't get away from the big bores...
              You mean Panama City hookers??

Comment

Do the rear tires wear pretty fast on a busa? I've heard that you can't keep them in back tires. Does anyone know?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I've heard about 3k miles on the rear.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

That's about what I heard. That would be cost prohibitive for me. I can easily put 500 plus miles per week on my bikes during spring through fall months. That would mean a new tire every six weeks.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

If you can control your throttle hand, your tires will last longer. Also, if you use dual-compound tires (the ones that use harder rubber in the middle), you can 5K out of them. I change my front out every other set.
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

What???? Ya have to replace rubber that often? Jesus, I almost choked when I read that. My girl just made a deal with me, regarding a "match what I save" toward a 'Busa...and if that tire bit is for real, I'll stick with my Kat, and just mod it, instead, thank ya very much.
                        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                        Semper Fi

Comment

wow, i think that tire issue just changed my mind bout a busa... I do 500 - 600 weekly
                          92 GSXF750
                          83 nighthawk

Comment

Newride --- glad to see someone else reads the classics -- "the Art of Zen & Motorcycle Maintenance" got me riding the road -- workin on my bike -- and generally feelin' at one with my tools and my bike!

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                              What???? Ya have to replace rubber that often? Jesus, I almost choked when I read that. My girl just made a deal with me, regarding a "match what I save" toward a 'Busa...and if that tire bit is for real, I'll stick with my Kat, and just mod it, instead, thank ya very much.
                              ZX-14 or it didn't happen.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                              X