X

My 88 600 project(pic heavy)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 88 600 project(pic heavy)

Got this project last year and done a bit of work on it so far but its on a rather tight budget so its not gonna be a WoW bike but something that looks and works a bit better than when i got it.

Well after a lot of paint strippin and a bit of re-wiring got her running and looking a bit better, i also done fork seals new oil & filter,plugs.

Thats as far as i got last year as it was a bit to cold in the workshop(shed)
    So once the weather got a bit warmer i ventured back down only to decide that i didnt like the frame and engine colour and would much prefer them the other way round,So within a couple of hours it ended looking like this lol.

Ok so then i decided that i would do the paint and then get the engine back in then get her rolling again.

Ok the next job i done was to make a new clocks casing from fiberglass as the clocks look messy without one.I also started to cut the muddy down as its rather bulky.

Next i found a headlight from a little scooter and made it work.

Then i put the body work back on to get an idea what the overall look will be.

Next job was to replace the 4into1 bit of the exhaust system.
    before:

After:

Then i stripped the carbs cleaned them and put them back together.

Thats pretty much were i am at the moment next jobs are:
    Valve clearances
    some more baffling in pipe(strait through headers very loud)
    and sort brakes as they are crap lol.
    Well thanks for looking and please dont hold back on your comments.
    Jarvo.

excelent work
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Looks good bro. What kinda paint did you
      use for the engine i like that color combo.

Comment

Nice work so far! I'd love to ride someones bike that has the motocross style bars. I'm so curious of how they feel.
        1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors
        2001 Yamaha R6 - 100% stock other than Yosi slip on - garage queen
        1983 Honda CX650 - Bobber project

Comment

Originally posted by chamrck09 View Post
          Looks good bro. What kinda paint did you
          use for the engine i like that color combo.

Originally posted by ITSSLOW View Post
          Nice work so far! I'd love to ride someones bike that has the motocross style bars. I'm so curious of how they feel.
          Very comfortable especially if your 6ft 3 like me lol.
          Last edited by Jarvo; 07-15-2011, 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

did you do the bars yourself?
            sigpic
            97 kat 600

O' yeah that's custom paint!

Comment

Originally posted by iskuts View Post
              did you do the bars yourself?
              The risers use the threaded hole thats already there and then another drilled and tapped in line.The bolts go right through and attach my clock brackets to the yoke.

Comment

Lookks mean.

Comment

Started a bit of metal work on the tank today,not the best welding but should be ok when finished.

Comment

Lookin good mate, good luck with the tank, someone should start making bolt on panels for that 'awkward tank gap'
                    '92 GSX750F 'fighter project
                    '83 XV1000 cafe racer project (almost done )

Comment

definetly looking good. keep up the good work.
                      "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                      1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                      2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

That little bit of metal on the tank skirt is a great idea. I always saw the fighters and wondered how they would look if you could not see the depression on the tank...

Nice Job, cannot wait to see the finished product...
                        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Managed to get the weld ground down today and started the body filler work so far so good .

Comment

I got the filler work finished off and put some primer on.
                            Not a pro job but good enough for me and should look even better once i get around to painting it.(run out of £££ again)

Comment

how did you prep the tank for welding? If i tried to do that where i take welding classes, the instructors would give me the worse evil eye for bringing it up, then make me do like a 20 hr rinsing process. very nice work!

Comment

Working...
                              X