No announcement yet.
X

Plugged Tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would replace the tire it if it were me.
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

The only proper permanent fix is a plug & patch installed from the inside of the tire. Anything else is just a bandaid to get you where you have to be. Although many have put huge mileage on a tire after a simple plug repair, that still doesn't make it a good idea.

Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I have plugged my Conti Road Attacks a few times. Just got another nail in my front over the weekend, so looks like I'll will have to do it again. I had a plug in my rear tire the last 5 months before I finally got a new set. This set has less than a thousand miles and I already got a nail in the rear. I plugged it up already and now have to do the front.

I think it depends on what tires you have. These Conti's I have been using seem to hold plugs really well and nails if that. Over these 2 sets of tires. I have come across 4 or 5 nails. I only plugged 2 of those and going for a third. There is a screw hanging out of my front tire now and the tire still has good pressure. Just seems like the tire melts around whatever penetrates it.
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

like said here a plug is for a quick fix ..when going 80 mph plus you start thinking it better not pop now . a brand new tire i might patch inside a wear it some but get some extra $$$$$ and get a new one soon .......i got a big nail in my truck tire now im going to get it patched as soon as i get off this computer , $10 is cheap .a bike is way more to patch inside

Comment

You're AF, which means I know you have the money not to quibble about it -- replace the tire, sell the plugged one on eBay. Somewhere, there is a stunter looking for a weekend burn-out tire (or a seller with a bike that needs a new rear before sale) who will give you 80% of mail-order cost on a new one.

Mail order: AmericanMotoTire.com, DennisKirk.com, RonAyers.com -- worth considering.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I think I might just melt the damn thing....
              ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                Mail order: AmericanMotoTire.com, DennisKirk.com, RonAyers.com
                RonAyers only if you have a lot of time. For ordering tires, I would also consider Southwest Moto Tires as well as our own HS2020 and MoPowerSports. I have ordered my last 2 sets of tires from Southwest and have had acceptable results. The Conti's I ordered from them were drop shipped from the distributor, which got them to my door the day after I ordered them, however the Michelins I ordered from them most recently came from their own warehouse, so they took about a week to get here.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                X